Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good paint armor installer in Los Angeles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andrew

Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2013
Santa Monica, CA
I'm starting to think that paint armor might be a good idea. I've gone through most of the past threads about the armor and it sounds like the XPEL Ultimate is the way to go. But I'm still trying to find a recommendation for a good installer. (Apologies if this has already been covered -- I couldn't seem to find the info.)

Can anyone recommend an awesome, reasonably-priced installer in Los Angeles? I'd prefer not to have to go down to Orange County if possible, especially since it sounds like they need the car for a day or two. Bonus points if they're on the westside. :)

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

I can't personally endorse a specific installer, since I haven't gotten mine installed yet either, but there are 3 or 4 in the Cerritos/Long Beach/Lakewood area that have great reviews, work with XPEL ultimate, and will install at your home. You can do a search on Yelp! for XPEL and they should come up.

I'm scheduled to have mine done soon and will post the results after the fact.

I just got a scratch buffed out at Dirty Devil Customs in Sherman Oaks, located at Ventura and Beverly Glen and saw that he does paint armor installation as well. He does great work and is reasonably priced, and I would absolutely recommend them.

Andrew, I just had my install done by Crystal Autoshield in Long Beach. They came out to my house in North Orange County and did a great job.

I went with XPEL ultimate with the full hood, font bumper, front fenders, mirrors, and rear bumper. They went over every nook and cranny with me and did some small custom pieces on request. It took longer than they anticipated, but that's because the installer was meticulous. Give them a call if you're still looking!

PS - the owner, Norbert, is thinking about buying a Model S himself . . . maybe we can push him over the edge . . .