Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been running 4.3 since March. Reading about 4.4 from other owners I alternate between (a) wanting it and (b) happy to not have it! 4.3 has been quite reliable for me and it added the timed charging feature.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to skip 4.4 entirely and go right to 4.5 which (is rumored) to have better/fixed audio and possibly reduced vampire load. Can one skip an "intermediate" updates or would we always get 4.4 followed by 4.5?

I'm reminding myself that waiting can be good :cool:

Moderator Note: Please see Post #54 for 4.5 Release Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been running 4.3 since March. Reading about 4.4 from other owners I alternate between (a) wanting it and (b) happy to not have it! 4.3 has been quite reliable for me and it added the timed charging feature.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to skip 4.4 entirely and go right to 4.5 which (is rumored) to have better/fixed audio and possibly reduced vampire load. Can one skip an "intermediate" updates or would we always get 4.4 followed by 4.5?

I'm reminding myself that waiting can be good :cool:

thanks PilotSteve

curious about the better/fixed audio. What are the rumors on that about? Is there a thread on it that u can post?

I hadn't had any problems with 4.4 and it's been the best firmware so far on my car. It fixed a couple of really annoying bugs I was dealing with in 4.3.

I'm glad I haven't had the issues that others have experienced but I guess I'm just trying to say that it's probably ok to simply install it when it becomes available for your car.

When I picked my car up in early March, it had 4.2 installed, but my DS alluded to a "big" update he referred to a v5 coming in late spring or early summer. So far, I've received 4.3 and shortly after 4.4. No problems with either update.

Next update could be 4.5 or 5.0 or any number that Tesla chooses of course. I was a bit surprised that I've been on 4.3 for about five weeks and all previous updates came within ±10 days of others on the forum mentioning they had received them. That led me to wondering if Tesla has stopped rolling out 4.4 to those that haven't already received it..... and the next version will be the rumored "big update".

(sorry I have no real information, just asking others for thoughts/speculation while waiting....)

FWIW, I still have 4.3 as well and am still waiting for the update. Not sure I have any issues major enough to push for 4.4, as my biggest pet peeves are still issues in 4.4 as well.

I'm getting a little weary of these incremental updates that add little to no functionality and that don't seem to address a lot of reported issues. It seems like the software development pace is going really slow. I'm hoping that they've been doing TONS of work on 5.0 and that they're saving it all for the big update. If not, I'll start wondering how many years we'll have to wait before we get features promised at delivery :).

OK, off my soap box. I love this car!

Interesting to hear about 4.5. I would've assumed the next version would be 5.0 .....

It is v4.5

When I picked my car up in early March, it had 4.2 installed, but my DS alluded to a "big" update.....

It is a big one.

I'm getting a little weary of these incremental updates that add little to no functionality and that don't seem to address a lot of reported issues. It seems like the software development pace is going really slow. I'm hoping that they've been doing TONS of work on 5.0 and that they're saving it all for the big update.

Makes no sense for Tesla to hold back and the constant updates are part of the fun of owning this car. The updates have been addressing issues and v4.5 will address some.

4.5 will be rewarding.

Yup! :)

4.5 will be rewarding.

NigelM said:

Alright, what do you guys know?!? I wanna know too!

- - - Updated - - -

Makes no sense for Tesla to hold back and the constant updates are part of the fun of owning this car. The updates have been addressing issues and v4.5 will address some.

Unless the changes are so substantial that it makes tying it with existing code difficult. In that case, they'd probably initiate a branch in their source code management software and work on a separate fork of the software independently.