Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Tesla Clubs and HPWC locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Aphysician

Member, Michigan Chapter
May 3, 2013
Metro Detroit, MI
Hello Everyone,

This is a great community. Members have helped me out on every step of making the switch to Tesla. i.e. from deciding a vehicle, offering a test ride to choosing options. The owner community is now going to be 10000 strong shortly, and there are enough people across the globe that Tesla Clubs are popping up everywhere. I think the time has come that a national entity is put into place, which comprises of all local Tesla Clubs.

I request a senior member to look into this. We should have a list of all the Tesla Clubs in the country and their contact details. We also need to have some consolidation or diversification (in case of west coast) of clubs. This will certainly increase interactions among people across the country, will help planning events and will come handy when you need help visiting another city/state.

One thing that I can think off-hand, is the list of Tesla HPWC locations (Public/Private). Superchargers are already here and even battery swapping is being talked about. However to have unlimited range/convenience and go anywhere capacity we will still need to rely on NEMA/HPWC. Public HPWC are great, but it doesnt offer the security of home HPWC and convenience of overnight charging.

Hope you like the idea. I will note down few clubs that I found on Facebook.

Last edited:
Last edited:
One thing that I can think off-hand, is the list of Tesla HPWC locations (Public/Private). Superchargers are already here and even battery swapping is being talked about. However to have unlimited range/convenience and go anywhere capacity we will still need to rely on NEMA/HPWC. Public HPWC are great, but it doesnt offer the security of home HPWC and convenience of overnight charging.
Hi Hari,

For people that are comfortable with permitting strangers to use their home charging equipment, Plugshare.com is a nationally recognized resource that fills that need.
However, the fact remains that most people are not comfortable with this, even if they all drive a Tesla.

For example, we have about 150 members in our Florida club, but only 30 members have elected to join our own club charging network.

Even for members who are willing to share their charging equipment with traveling members, most people would consider it bad form to ask for an overnight charge unless the visitor was a close friend.

Larry Chanin
Founder, Florida Tesla Motors Club

Last edited:
@ bonnie

Thank you for the link. I didnt know it existed. That solves the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your reply. I am aware about plugshare, however as Tesla uses higher charging standards, using plugshare may be a very painful experience if it is not a 240 volt outlet. HPWC is completely on another planet. I agree permitting strangers to charge at home, is a matter of personal preference. Hopefully Tesla owners will increase rapidly and we will have good number of people who are willing to do that. I dont know how much useful that be, if an extensive supercharger or battery swapping becomes reality. Wish Tesla also considers deploying HPWC network at popular destinations and on routes that doesnt have supercharger. It would be wonderful if they partner with a hotel chain or rental company.

Hari

Have you found the 'groups' area of this forum? Groups - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum
Very good point.
I prefer to solicit members from TMC because the audience is comprised of legimate Tesla enthusiasts. When using an unfiltered Internet audience there is a greater chance of attracting trolls, etc. The fact that TMC supports both public and private discussion groups for clubs is very helpful.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your reply. I am aware about plugshare, however as Tesla uses higher charging standards, using plugshare may be a very painful experience if it is not a 240 volt outlet. HPWC is completely on another planet. I agree permitting strangers to charge at home, is a matter of personal preference. Hopefully Tesla owners will increase rapidly and we will have good number of people who are willing to do that. I dont know how much useful that be, if an extensive supercharger or battery swapping becomes reality. Wish Tesla also considers deploying HPWC network at popular destinations and on routes that doesnt have supercharger. It would be wonderful if they partner with a hotel chain or rental company.

Hari
Hari,
Plug share doesn't prevent Tesla owners from listing their HPWCs, or high capacity NEMA 14-50 outlets. In fact some of our members participate in our private club charging network and Plugshare.

Larry