Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been eying the Model X but realistically will likely be waiting for the Gen III. The one Model S I've seen around here is strangely enough parked in a trailer park just north of my office. I've yet to figure out if it lives there or only parks there to charge during the day.

Hey guys, just ordered my Model S and noticed driving in rochester there was another black Model S. Anyone on the forum here?
I have a red model s, my brother has a black model s, and my father has a white model s. We all live in Michigan. Let me if anyone has any Michigan-specific questions. We are also looking to form a Michigan Tesla Motors Club. Send me a private message if you are interested.

For those of us in Michigan, I started a facebook page to try and help connect us all. It's at the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganTeslaOwners?skip_nax_wizard=true

I don't presume this to be the only attempt to form a statewide group, but I haven't seen one on facebook and just thought we need to have a central social media point to drop in, maybe plan an event and possibly form an actual club or organization. Pass along to any Michigan owners you may know so we can start connecting.

See you all down the road sometime.

where do you live?, I am in the annarbor area.

ohaq: I live in the Grand Rapids area.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you haven't received delivery yet, is that correct? I'm curious as to when I can creat an avatar and a signature line. I only joined this club yesterday. Hopefully we can find some more Michigan owners to connect with here and elsewhere.

where do you live?, I am in the annarbor area.

It's a little early to think about this, but are any of you Michigan folks planning to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise in August? I've been to the last three with my Roadster and have never seen another Tesla. I probably won't see another Roadster again this year but I'm sure I'll see a Model S or two.

Good question. I don't know the answer. It'd be nice if there was an area for Tesla owners or enthusiasts to meet/greet and "recharge" literally and figuratively. If there isn't one currently, I can imagine one next year. Other enthusiast groups have their areas, but I'm sure they plan that in advance. Just thinking out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

From my estimation there are between 40-50 in Michigan now. Obviously that number will grow as production catches up to orders.

Looks like you haven't received delivery yet, is that correct? I'm curious as to when I can creat an avatar and a signature line. I only joined this club yesterday. Hopefully we can find some more Michigan owners to connect with here and elsewhere.

Yup waiting for delivery early next month. You can create signatures avatar etc when you have 5 posts, that's when i was able to do it, not sure if the mods have changed that.

@wmgill

Facebook page is an amazing idea. It would be easier to contact each other then TMC. There is a map by Robert.Boston and it shows good number of model S in MI, hopefully we can find them all. We should also grow the community and get in touch with owners in nearby states. List the charger equipments at each other's place, and so people making roadtrip can charge (free vs fee). People with HPWC will be esp popular.

Hari

Thanks Hari. I haven't been able to pull up the map, but do you think its possible to contact those people on the maps somehow to try and get them to migrate to the FB page so we can try and start getting everyone connected. I like the forums here, but I think you're right: it would be hard to have a "club-like" atmosphere in this format. Here is better for messages and general questions, but i think we could do the same with a page. Also might be better for planning events, meet-ups, etc. I'm just thinking...

Please see the link below for the map. I will look into whether we can find from the map who owns that particular Tesla. If possible then we should sure update them about FB page. TMC is excellent, but it is difficult to communicate with a local group in this format. Planning events and communicating individually will be easier in FB group. Let's see how this goes.

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

It's a little early to think about this, but are any of you Michigan folks planning to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise in August? I've been to the last three with my Roadster and have never seen another Tesla. I probably won't see another Roadster again this year but I'm sure I'll see a Model S or two.
My office building is on Woodward in Royal Oak. My father, brother, and I all own Model S'. Send me a PM and we can discuss potentially setting up a Tesla site.

Great to see we all are getting together. I am in Farmington. I have placed a reservation and don't have a delivery date yet. Woodward dream cruise sounds great. I may have my car by then, if not then I will hitch a ride with one of you. @ vbsdan, is there a seat available in your roadster, as I havent sat in a a roadster yet? Jokes aside. I know few more people in michigan, some I have contacted, some I just came across browsing posts and saved them to contact later. @ wmgill would like to contact. Please see below for their username on TMC.

Tcunning
Daniel Scherer
Stachler
Seidste1
CGH1105

There is a Michigan Electric Vehicle Show in Schoolcraft College in Livonia on Jun 8, Saturday. May be those who are free can get together and formally start Michigan Tesla Owners Group. See you all soon.