Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June NoVA meet at new Tysons Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NoVA area Tesla owners and prospective owners get together
When: Saturday, June 22, 9:30am -- please PM dockt if you need any last minute help

Where: top/roof level of parking garage (labeled "2nd Garage" below) behind AMC Theatres, Tysons I "new wing", near entrance to Brio and Coastal Flats (also valet parking circle on bottom floor). After photos anyone who needs to charge can go to the bottom level of garage behind Nordstrom at the Tesla spots (we can take you there if needed). Mapshot provided by GatorEight:
mapshot.jpg

What to do: verify that we are all real people and not trolls, take lots of pics, check out some different options and upgrades in our cars, discuss all things Tesla, walk and hang at the new Tysons Tesla store, help sell some Model Ss -- basically act like 10 year old boys with cool BMX bikes.

Then: migrate to Tysons food court for some lunch -- not very fancy, but affords space, variety, ease of payment, and come/go as you wish.

IMG_20130511_135944.jpg

Attending (22 thus far):
Curt
slr_pwrd
andrewket
kendallpb
dockt
Tempus
Cirrus
Mark Simons
swegman
Ven Rala
nrcooled
Bifff67
jcadman22
xk8driver
linkster and friend
botbldr45
techmaven
swb1701
Hover
bigez1 and wife
jackstesl

Maybes/have not heard from:
kinddog
DaveVA
EricB
dddozier
aliljet
greg G
EVera
loganss
Su2013
Treker56
travlinglites

Out sadly:
carrerascott (not in June)

tjimtjim
Dfbrl8r
Amin

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks dockt for kicking this off.

I'll venture that the second half of the month is better for me, as I have a daughter graduating and have a party with family coming it leading up to the 15th. If that doesn't work for everybody else, I'll be there in spirit at least :).

My $0.02...

I assume we're thinking over a weekend to provide more time for people who will be traveling greater distances? The weekend is possible for me, but I'm guessing like many of you I have a wife/significant other who doesn't share quite the same level of passion for Tesla who might be annoyed with a Saturday night event. Lunch might be an easier sell :)

Assuming a Saturday, this is what works best for me:

6/1
6/8
6/22
7/27
8/3
8/10
8/17
8/24

I live about 3 miles from Tyson's and will have an HPWC installed in the next two weeks. Happy to share the EVSE with anyone who is traveling who will need to charge if Tesla's chargers will be insufficient.

I was even thinking a morning start (before mall opening) so we can get all the parking spots in and around the Tesla charger spots. Will also post to facebook owners page.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The Bowie MD meetup a month or so ago, and the meetup in Williamsburg VA on 19 May (Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors) are "sponsored" by the Tesla WDC store (Kadira). We can meetup anytime we want at a Cars & Coffee (Katies in great Falls on Saturdays or Kohls Fair Lakes on Sundays). A get together at Tysons sounds great - just recommend you engage the Tysons Store Management. BTW, count me in for any Tesla meetup! JThompson

P85kwh | Black | Tan | Carbon Fiber | Tech | Sound Studio | Air Suspension | Supercharger | 21" Silvers | No CCI (I like the space!)

I was even thinking a morning start (before mall opening) so we can get all the parking spots in and around the Tesla charger spots. Will also post to facebook owners page.

LOL, not that I'm a morning person, but that's cool. I noticed they're roped off, in your pic, though. Will we be able to use them? I mean, I don't mind parking wherever, but just curious. Also, where is that? I've seen a pic of it before but I don't know where it is.

I visited the Tysons "store" last week briefly just to check it out (didn't talk with anyone) and it was pretty busy--maybe 10-15 people?--and then we stopped by yesterday--not quite as many people, more like 7-10. Anyway it was good to see activity there both days. I almost bought a T-shirt. ;-)

LOL, not that I'm a morning person, but that's cool. I noticed they're roped off, in your pic, though. Will we be able to use them? I mean, I don't mind parking wherever, but just curious. Also, where is that? I've seen a pic of it before but I don't know where it is.

I visited the Tysons "store" last week briefly just to check it out (didn't talk with anyone) and it was pretty busy--maybe 10-15 people?--and then we stopped by yesterday--not quite as many people, more like 7-10. Anyway it was good to see activity there both days. I almost bought a T-shirt. ;-)

Yes, the store people told me we could park there (just move the cones out). It is in the 1st level of the parking garage next to Nordstrom's; which is actually not that near to the Tesla store (closer to Lord & Taylor). We may even want to park elsewhere as the garage is a dark, tight, croweded space. lol, I did buy a T-shirt there over the weekend -- it was the only thing I could afford there:crying:.

Let's start at 9:30am at the Tesla chargers/parking. After hanging out at the store we can grab an early lunch/brunch somewhere.

Sunday would be fine in general but the store opens at 11am, so the meet would take up more of the afternoon for those who have other plans that day.

Please chime in with other dates (I can't do June 8th weekend) if needed. @carerrascott -- don't feel sorry for you in Australia :cool:.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

As member, joined today, I have been viewing this site since its earliest start '07/08. I used to have Roaster RN#984 back in 2007 but had to withdraw deposit due to job location. Years of waiting for new roaster plans to finalize, I gave up and now I am expecting MS to be delivered on June 1st. Looking forward this meet and seeing everyone's car. Mine is:

60Kwh | Multi-Red | Textile | Pano | 19" Rims | Tech | Sound Studio | Active Suspension | Rear Seats | Parcel Shelf | SuperCharger | VIN: xxxx11079
Ordered: 3
/17/13 | Finalized: 3/17/13 | Delivery Email: 5/8/13 | VIN: 5/14/13 | Scheduled Delivery: 6/1/13