Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recent deliveries have condensation in tail lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to determine if this issue can be crossed off the Punch List I moderate over on the TM forum. Would appreciate feedback.

People with condensation in tail lights have been able to have it fixed for the asking. The question is whether Tesla tweaked things such that the issue no longer exists on new cars.

Do you have / have you had this issue? What is your VIN? Thanks.

I don't know if this is new but my assembly has a vent hole (certainly not a tooling hole) in the outboard rear tail lights. It's what looks like a dimple where the reflection is. VIN 83xx

Vent in Tail Light.JPG

I'm trying to determine if this issue can be crossed off the Punch List I moderate over on the TM forum. Would appreciate feedback.

People with condensation in tail lights have been able to have it fixed for the asking. The question is whether Tesla tweaked things such that the issue no longer exists on new cars.

Do you have / have you had this issue? What is your VIN? Thanks.
No condensation here, but then I'm in PHX, so it probably doesn't help answer the intent of the question.

Edmunds.com's latest post (5/10/13) has a photo of condensation in the tail light. Their MS was delivered in February. Like Consumer Reports, they purchased their MS. Considering the large following on Edmunds site, TM needs to address cause and eliminate this seemingly ongoing problem (if they haven't already). If fixed, TM needs to get the word to Edmunds quickly and have them include in their next near-daily update.

I just took my Signature in for an unrelated service (alignment). They also did a whole bunch of other updates. One from the list is "resealing behind tail lights". The exact text is:

Customer Concern: Service Bulletin to be Applied
Cause: resealed behind tailights
Correction: Liftgate Water Ingress - Inspect
re-sealer seams behind tailights as described in service bulletin

I was told this resolves the condensation issue.