Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

nav not working - suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rushing to get to a location to pick up daughter, with address in hand, counting on nav to get me there. But every time i enter address (voice command or by typing), i get "SEARCH NOT FOUND" message on screen. Tried a bunch of known addresses (like my home), get the same message no matter what. Tried the screen reset, no change. Anyone else have this problem and know the resolution? Thanks in advance for your help.

yes, have 3g. web browser working (had same thought, used browser to see address in google). even used google maps app on my iphone to make sure it was not all of google maps that was down, and iphone app working fine. puzzler.

Rushing to get to a location to pick up daughter, with address in hand, counting on nav to get me there. But every time i enter address (voice command or by typing), i get "SEARCH NOT FOUND" message on screen. Tried a bunch of known addresses (like my home), get the same message no matter what. Tried the screen reset, no change. Anyone else have this problem and know the resolution? Thanks in advance for your help.

Same problem for me tonight. This morning it was working fine. I'm pissed. It was able to navigate when I picked from the list of previous places, but any search related function gave the error that you describe, including picking from the list of previous searches. I rebooted both screens too.

I had this issue in 4.2, but haven't experienced it in 4.3 where a re-boot of the 17" didn't fix it (hold both scroll buttons down until the screen goes black) and that only happened once when I was impatient (I was actually lacking 'data' connectivity).

I experienced this for a moment last night too.

Very likely not a Tesla problem, but was perhaps an issue with the Google Maps API servers.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, have 3g. web browser working (had same thought, used browser to see address in google). even used google maps app on my iphone to make sure it was not all of google maps that was down, and iphone app working fine. puzzler.

Just because Google Maps was working, or iPhone app was working, doesn't necesarily mean it wasn't a problem on the Google side. We don't know the server/API path Tesla's using.

Given the close relationship between Elon and Larry Page, it's likely there's something unique being used for the Model S.