Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: USB, Music Files, Best way to transfer from iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    Question for the audio group, I have my CDs on a flashdrive and when it is loaded to the media the album art comes up. Sometimes it is the full size of the square on the display and sometimes it is a 1/4 of the size. Anyone know why and can that be changed to always be full size.
    Newer albums (albums acquired in the global cloud libraries), typically have larger album art, while older ones have smaller album art. Has more to do with the advancement of installed consumer technology base (ever increasing screen res, etc), and consumer demand for it now.

I've often searched out better album art for this reason (a lot of it found on Amazon). However, at present, keep in mind the car isn't necessarily using your album art, but is pulling from the cloud, on the fly.

So even if I have downloaded the album art from iTunes when ripping the cd, the art may come from somewhere else. What I do not understand is that it seems to change, when I first plugged in my flashdrive the art on some albums was large and then the next time I play the same album it is small. I thought the car has no storage cabability, so where can it pull the album art from.
    RN 16327. 60, arrest me red, aas,pano,tan,tech,superchger. 21's, Reus sound Vin#9570 delivery May 4th 2013 Fremont, 4.5kW solar array. Model X Res 10777

So just rebooted the system to remove the firmware update that has been delayed and low and behold the album art is now full size!!!
    RN 16327. 60, arrest me red, aas,pano,tan,tech,superchger. 21's, Reus sound Vin#9570 delivery May 4th 2013 Fremont, 4.5kW solar array. Model X Res 10777

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    So just rebooted the system to remove the firmware update that has been delayed and low and behold the album art is now full size!!!
    That's how mine works. It gets smaller each time a particular song plays and then goes to full size if you reboot the 17" display. Interestingly that also makes the artwork full size in the small display.

The artwork comes from the Internet, not from the files on your drive. Why it works that way is a mystery because some the the artwork choices are distinctly odd.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Thread Information