Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Oakland Bay Bridge Opening Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been wondering for a while now if folks might be interested in setting up a drive on the new Oakland Bay Bridge when it opens (hopefully) on Labor Day.
I think that would be an awesome sight to see a whole lot of EVs on the bridge's first day! Maybe we could even invite Nissan Leafs and any other EVs along.
It would certainly get lots of news coverage!

I've been wondering for a while now if folks might be interested in setting up a drive on the new Oakland Bay Bridge when it opens (hopefully) on Labor Day.
I think that would be an awesome sight to see a whole lot of EVs on the bridge's first day! Maybe we could even invite Nissan Leafs and any other EVs along.
It would certainly get lots of news coverage!

Anyone who goes to Burningman and stays for the whole time won't be able to make it on Labor day. I don't know the overlap between burners and Tesla owners, but it's definitely not zero. Tesla parked a mockup of the roadster near the man in 2007 (although it looked less impressive when it was covered in dust). And the "google doodle" originated as kind of an "out of office" announcement when most of the early staff took the week off and went to burningman.

Tesla.jpg

Photo taken off of the SFGate (SF Chronicle) web site.

Bridge to officially open between 9-10 pm tonight.

I think that photo is copyright protected. Even if you can snatch it, probably not too nice to do so.
Photo taken off of the SFGate (SF Chronicle) web site.

Material published on The SF Gate online service is copyrighted by
Hearst Communications Inc. or its licensors, including the originating wire services. Such material is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and treaties. All rights reserved.