Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anybody recognize/recognise this charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSC_0181.jpg

What type of charger is this??:confused:

technically, the 'charger' is in the vehicle.. your question is regarding an EVSE.

is this a where's Waldo question? Does anyone know where this is located?

is this a question about the brand of EVSE?

Or are you asking about the J1772 connector on this EVSE?

It's located less than 3 miles from my home.. and I'm wondering if this can be used to charge a Model S and if so, at what rate of charge and with what connector..

And yes I'm wondering what brand of EVSE this is as there is no logo and branding on the unit at all...

- - - Updated - - -

I tried. Doesn't seem to fit any of the photos on that site...

it's a J1772, odds are that it pulls 200-240 volts with 30 amps resulting in 16-20 miles/hour of charge. Don't recognize the brand - higher amperage is possible, just not common yet. It can be used with the Model S with the included J1772 adapter.

I didn't see it at the link VFX posted.

But, it looks a lot like the charger here:
Singapore launches electric car test bed
20110625.150308_ev.jpg

German components maker Bosch has been appointed as the first charging service provider to develop and maintain the charging infrastructure for the EV's test bed programme. This is the first time that Bosch's eMobility solution is being tested outside Germany.

And the icon in your picture (that looks like the speaker symbol/audio symbol used for other applications/products) looks the same as the one on page 11 of 65 here:
http://www.bosch-emobility.sg/media/com/support/driverhandbook.pdf

In fact, here it is on page 26 of 65 of that same PDF:
Each station is equipped with one SAE J1772 standard
compliant plug and can be used with any electric
vehicle equipped with a corresponding socket.
BoschEVSE.png

TEG mode activity completed.

Last edited: