Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming Announcements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Once again, congratulations to everyone who held through the market this week - it's been an incredible ride.

I wanted to congregate all upcoming and spontaneous announcements that may play as a role as a potential catalyst for the stock.

Let's post dates, links and/or have discussions about what we've all heard is coming up.

Thanks!

First off:

Week of 5/13/2013:
1) Supercharger announcement (possibly related to Elon's tweet: "There is a way for the Tesla Model S to be recharged throughout the country faster than you could fill a gas tank")
2) Mystery announcement as the 5th part of the trilogy - per Elon's response tweet on 5/9

No - I wasn't simply referring to those 2 recent announcements. Instead, I'm talking about making a thread that is where we can all report "upcoming announcements" that may play a catalyst role for the stock.

New Announcement:
May 11th Elon Tweet's: "Improving service and honing manufacturing efficiency are the biggest short term challenges. Not sales constrained."

My intention was not to make this a thread for those 2 announcements alone. Rather, it is to congregate all NEW and upcoming announcements that may serve as a catalyst for the stock.

Here's another Tweet from Elon, on 5/9/2013:
"Improving service and honing manufacturing efficiency are the biggest short term challenges. Not sales constrained."

Market action and Musk

I look at it this way...whatever that charging technique is for the Model S, it MIGHT be a complete game changer. A supercharger does not charge a car faster than a gas tank. And at that point, instead of all these "smart" analysts and commentators just calling Tesla a car company....Tesla becomes a hightech company which can license game changing technology if it wants to and be valued as such.

So I'm not greedy, but I see no reason to take money off the table until at least that announcement. At this point I could care less if TSLA drops to $70 or hangs around $85. And that is why this stock keeps gapping up daily. Most people are not taking money off the table if Musk is on the cusp of announcing something revolutionary for electric cars in regards to charging.

Hi all,

Once again, congratulations to everyone who held through the market this week - it's been an incredible ride.

I wanted to congregate all upcoming and spontaneous announcements that may play as a role as a potential catalyst for the stock.

Let's post dates, links and/or have discussions about what we've all heard is coming up.

Thanks!

First off:

Week of 5/13/2013:
1) Supercharger announcement (possibly related to Elon's tweet: "There is a way for the Tesla Model S to be recharged throughout the country faster than you could fill a gas tank")
2) Mystery announcement as the 5th part of the trilogy - per Elon's response tweet on 5/9

Thanks!

First off:

Week of 5/13/2013:

Tesla spoke today at noon Eastern. I do not have a transcript yet.

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) - TESLA MOTORS INC at Deutsche Bank dbAccess Clean Tech, Utilities and Power One-on-One Conference

And that is why this stock keeps gapping up daily. Most people are not taking money off the table if Musk is on the cusp of announcing something revolutionary for electric cars in regards to charging.

The stock is gapping up because the short squeeze is on. Plenty of people are taking money off the table, but there are a ton of shorts feeling the Tsunami of Hurt(tm) right now.

as mentioned in an other thread; I dont belive they postpone supercharger News, if it was not important. Some claim the Stocks are falling cause of rumours that Tesla is selling to bring in Capital. If thats true, I love it. Cause they could sold a bunch of more cars ATM.

My guess that it will be about the ceremony of delivering the 10,000th Model S to a happy owner.

There could be also an announcement about exercising the TSLA stock options granted to Elon Musk back in 2009. The last of the four milestones was conditioned on the completion of the 10,000th Model S. The exercise price was $6.63, and a total quantity of shares was 6,711,972. So there is a potential of additional $44.5M (or at least 1/4 of that) to be invested by EM in Tesla. Incidentally, these options expire in 2013.

I have a feeling the super charger announcement is going to be bigger than we think and possibly contain more information...
kinda think that to, the fact that Tesla wants to deploy lots of superchargers around county wouldn't be anything new, definitely not worth the hype that Elon is creating.

lets do an over under game.

Tesla partners with several restaurant chains across country, and the timeframe to have 50 working superchargers across US is under 18Months.

based on a conversation i had with a tesla employee about a month ago (they were turning on outlets three and four while i was there), there are supposed to be 15-20 new supercharger locations in completed in the next several months (which would take the total to nearly 30).

surfside

kinda think that to, the fact that Tesla wants to deploy lots of superchargers around county wouldn't be anything new, definitely not worth the hype that Elon is creating.

lets do an over under game.

Tesla partners with several restaurant chains across country, and the timeframe to have 50 working superchargers across US is under 18Months.

Wow, that has to be a serious under. The original announcement more like 100 superchargers in that timeframe, so an announcement like that wouldn't exactly be exciting. I'm not saying the announcement will be spectacular, I just think it's funny that you say it must be more than they originally announced, and then predict something significantly less than they originally announced.