Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Factory Tours - Signup & Confirmed Lists

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
update update update: THE WAITLIST HAS BEEN ACCOMMODATED.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR NAME. THIS IS THE LIST SUPPLIED TO TESLA.

NOTE: I have no doubt that I have not switched someone I should have switched or missed something else. Please be kind. I've been dealing with two family emergencies in different parts of the country. Apologies for not being as available as I would like to be. Just send me a 'nicely worded' note :) and I'll respond.

Confirmed factory tours at Tesla on Friday, July 12th and Sunday, July 14th. TOUR TIMES ARE LISTED BELOW.

To the best of my knowledge, shuttles will not be provided.

When you arrive at the factory (45500 Fremont Blvd., Fremont, CA) proceed to the DELIVERY CENTER (enter through gate 5). The Visitor Lobby is to the left when you enter the gate, the Delivery Center is to the right. There are guards at the gate who will direct you, but it's pretty obvious where you should go. The tours start at the times posted, so be there a few minutes early to check in.

Note that the factory will not be running on Sunday. That will make it easier to hear your tour guide, you will see lots of interesting stuff - but you will not see cars rolling off the production line.

• No children under 12.
  • No photography.
  • Wear appropriate footwear (no flipflops/sandals/open toe shoes/heels).

Priority will be given to Non-local/Roadster or Model S owner/no previous factory tour. I'll update the list by priority until this Sunday evening, May 12th @ 6pm PST. After that, any open slots on the tour signup lists will be first-come, first-serve. (And if I don't find your name on the TESLIVE registration list, you will be removed from the tour. Sorry!)

If you have registered a guest for TESLIVE, then you are welcome to sign up for them also. Please put them on a separate line, so we keep an accurate count.
-------------
UPDATE - GOOD NEWS!!

Big shout out to Tesla Marketing who did what they had to do to open up the size of the Friday tours.

So here's the confirmed list for factory tours. After this, it's first-come, first-serve for the remaining few seats. And PLEASE, if you cannot make it for any reason, let me know. I'm sure there will be someone else who would like to go.
Friday - Noon
1. jayfrost, no previous factory tour, Out-of-state (ohio), Model S owner (might have wife with me)
2. jgdixon, no previous tour, out of country (Canada) Model S Sig owner
3. Doug_G, saw the factory before it was operating, out of country (Canada), Model S Sig and Roadster owner
4. ggr + paw from San Diego, did the original factory ride event, were supposed to pick up from factory but delivery was delayed and we never got to do it. - Founder
5. ggr Guest
6. mjwantsanx, no prev tour, out of state, our family is a Model S owner (as of May 11!!!)
7.Larry Chanin, had a previous factory tour before it was operating, out-of-state (Florida), Model S owner
8.djp, no previous tour, out of country (Canada), Roadster 939
9.aaron.s, no previous tour, out of state (New York), Model S Owner
10.cattledog, no previous tour, out of state (Texas), Model S Owner, Model X Reservation
11.cattlepup, no previous tour, out of state (Texas), can't drive, 12, Gen 3 Signature Reservation #1 (aspirational)
12.teslasguy, no previous tour, out of state (Pa) Model s owner (might have wife with me)
13.Frankrb, no previous tour, out of state (NV) MS owner
14.Frankrb guest, wife, no previous tour, out of state
15.brianman, no previous tour, out of state (WA), Model S Sig Owner
16.francis lau, drive event, out of state, MS owner
17.Malcolm M. W. Model S Owner (to be delivered 5/18), out of state, no previous tour
18.A Link, no previous tour, out of state (VA) Model S owner
19.Y Bennett, previous tour before operating, out of state (MD), Model S owner
20.J in MN, no previous tour, out of state (MN), Model S reservation holder
21.Bill in Austin (William Jones) - coming from Texas. Model S VIN# 1827
22.Six (display name) David Kiker from Seattle area registered at teslive model s owner, no tour. Also
23.Helen Kiker who is also registered for teslive.
24.Andrew Wolfe, local, Roadster and S owner, no previous tours.
25.Gary Jacobs

Friday 1:15 pm
1. ElSupreme, no previous factory tour, out-of-state, Model S owner
2. Discoducky, Oct ride event tour, non-local, Model S owner/X reservation
3. NJ Plugin, no previous factory tour, out of state, Model S Reservation/Owner (delivery window June 5-19)
4. NJ Plugin Guest (if possible)
5. BriansTesla, no previous tour, WA state, Model S
6. BriansTesla Guest
7. irishstoutaz, no previous tour, out of state, Model S Owner (delivery end of May)
8. irishstoutaz Guest (Wife), no previous tour, out of state, and also registered for Teslive
9. Pete8314, no previous tour, out of state (Texas), Model S Owner
10.Pete8314, guest, no previous tour, out of state (Texas), Model S Owner's wifed
11.David Morse – Founder -dsm363, no previous tour, out of state (Texas), Roadster and Model S
12.NigelM, no previous tour, out of state, Roadster & Model S
13.MikeL no prev tour, out of state (Utah), Model X res. (by 1st wk June, I swear!)
14.AndyM, Oct 1, 2010 (non-active) tour, out of state, Model S
15.AndyM's guest Jenny, no previous tour, out of state, Model S
16.Bound466, Oct 1, 2010 (non-active) tour, Los Angeles, Model S
17.Bound466's guest Gil, no previous tour, Los Angeles
18.MPT, no previous, out of town
19.MPT Guest, no previous, out of town
20.CC-P85 Charles C, no previous tour, out of town, P85
21.CC-P85 Bonita C, no previous tour, out of town, P85
22.FredTMC from SoCal, Owner. #4925
23.Gavin Stark - No previous tour. Model S owner.
24.Dave Israel
25.Colene Israel
26.Lori H

Friday - 2:30pm
1. TEG
2. 4gofuel - walla2 - Model S Sig, out of state, no previous tour
3. TampaLiam
4. TampaKim
5. retinadoc
6. Christopher F. Arndt (guest of Tesla)
7. Harris Cohen
8. dddozier
9. stevezzzz - out of state Sig S owner
10.stephenpace - TX Sig S owner, previous tour before factory open in Oct 2011
11.FlasherZ - Southern IL, out of state, Sig S owner, no previous tours
12.Warrenbonz - Florida Model S Owner, Roadster Owner, previous tour June 2012
13.Dharshi (Warrenbonz's wife) traveling from Florida previous tour June 2012
14.SpaceCadet
15.NvBob
16.NvBob guest
17.davidrmay - arrive at SJC at 12:50 pm, previous tour Oct 2011
18.DaveT - San Diego, TESLIVE registrant
19.Sus (DaveT wife) - San Diego, TESLIVE registrant
20.LQBrown
21.LQBrown guest
22.Kunal Parekh
23.Angela Parekh
24.Robballan
25.Mike Maloney
26.Bob Fitz
27.Ann Fitz

Sunday - 10am
1. adiggs. no previous tour. out of state (OR). Roadster & Model X Sig reservation
2. vcor Frank V, Had one quick tour before, MS owner, local, so make me a lower priority than those who have not seen it or come from out of town.
3. TonyWilliams, no previous tour, out of town (San Diego), Tesla powered Rav4 EV
4. TorkliftCentral (replacing GasDoc who graciously gave up his spot)
5. RandyS, Model S owner from San DIego, had previous tour
6. AlexKiritz, no previous tour, out of town (Los Angeles)
7. Nick Kiritz, no previous tour, out of town (Washington DC)
8.Kevin Weng
9. HCSharp
10. snooprob (Robert N)
11.araxara - Model S Owner , AZ, Flight Leaves at 7:05pm
12.IBCS - Kent Crabtree
13.Alex Crabtree
14.Jjaeger
15. Soflauthor
16.Soflson
17. aaron0k
18. mknox
19. mknox guest
20. remarc
21. huntjo -Sig S owner coming from Colorado
22. Mark k
23. Bill b.

Sunday - 11:30am
1. Jeff N, no previous factory tour, local, Volt owner / future BlueStar owner
2. James M No previous tour, Out of town (illinois) , Planning on purchasing model s by december; shareholder
3. James M Guest -- No previous tour, Out of town (illinois)
4. Paul Carter, no previous tour, out of country (Vancouver, BC), Model X Signature Reservation
5. Mark WJ - No previous tour. Out of town (Hong Kong - way out of town), Roadster owner, Model S reservation - is this going to conflict with the drive throught the hills (no matter if it does, I can't make Friday anyway, so Sunday will have to be it)
6. Robert.Boston (TESLIVE registrant/moderator)
7. John Dixon - Founder (TBD)
8. Kevin Hall - Kansas City –
9. Tara Hall
10.Dalton Hall
11.Jack Hall
12.Alex Hall
13.GTI_Philipp
14.Sanjana
15.Monsoon
16.Don DiCostanzo
17.Brad B
18.Brad B Guest
19.Don Shin – Founder (TBD)
20.Tony Gallippi – Founder (TBD)

Last edited:
Please add me to the Sunday Tour - A (or any time or day works for me)
1. Frank V, Had one quick tour before, MS owner, local, so make me a lower priority than those who have not seen it or come from out of town.

(No edit appears for me in the prior post).

Can we bring a camera to the factory to take pictures of outside and things we are allowed to take pictures as long as we don't take pictures on the tour? Thanks.

Yes, that's totally kosher. I had a small point-and-shoot - not as big as your nice DSLR, Dave! - with me during my tour and there were no issues.

The Tesla reps clearly tell you when to stop clicking when entering the factory floor from the visitor lobby.

Hi, would much prefer to tour factory Friday while it's operating. Fri tours seem to be full, but please add me to one in case Tesla permits larger group or a third Fri tour is added. Bobfitz1, no previous tour, out of state, Roadster owner - 745

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, Bonnie, has there been any discussion of a TESLIVE/TESLA sponsored tour of the SpaceX factory? No doubt that is farther afield from the hotel, but many of us have dual fanboy citizenship. Thanks, Bob

Btw, Bonnie, has there been any discussion of a TESLIVE/TESLA sponsored tour of the SpaceX factory? No doubt that is farther afield from the hotel, but many of us have dual fanboy citizenship. Thanks, Bob

That's about a 365 mile drive, so we're going to wait until the Hyperloop is in place before inquiring.

The only exception would be if you had a deposit down on a rocket ship. Then we might be able to arrange it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, would much prefer to tour factory Friday while it's operating. Fri tours seem to be full, but please add me to one in case Tesla permits larger group or a third Fri tour is added. Bobfitz1, no previous tour, out of state, Roadster owner - 745

thanks!

Add your name to the list. Later this weekend I'll re-sort by established priorities.

Hi Bonnie1194, I'm having difficulty with the Wiki. and would like to get Bonita C. and Charlie C. on a tour on Friday (first choice) or Sunday (second choice). We're from Texas and we are both signed up for Teslive. I appreciate your help.

- - - Updated - - -

Charles C and Bonita C, Please add us to the Sunday tour, P-85 owner, no prev. tour

Six (display name) David Kiker from Seattle area registered at teslive model s owner, no tour. Also Helen Kiker who is also registered for teslive.

ideally would be late Friday tour but since that seems full first Sunday tour.

Thanks entered from iphone

Hello Bonnie,

I just signed up for the Friday tour but I am pretty far down on the list if we are coming from out of town and can not get in the Friday Tour can we be moved to the Sunday Tour? Y Bennet and I (A Link) are traveling together.

Thanks,

Angelia

Not a problem. I'm trying to keep a close eye on the signup so that it's fair. I'm afraid we're going to have some disappointed people. I hope everyone understands. It's 60 more slots than we had a few days ago. :)

(Notice I didn't bother to sign up ... I'm local and I've had a tour. For the locals who don't make it during TESLIVE, reach out to another local taking factory delivery and see if you can go along at that time. That's what I did. Thanks, Shokunin!)

I'd like to be on either of the Friday tours. My flight out is early Sunday morning.
William Jones

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I'm coming from Texas. VIN number 1827.

Sorry for the late response, but I had no idea about this list until someone told me about it today. One of the main reasons I signed up for Teslive was to see the factory in operation. :-(

GOOD NEWS!! Tesla Marketing worked internally to get permission to open up the Friday tours from 15 people to 25 people. The confirmed list is posted in the first post of this thread (where only I can edit it :) No sneaking in!!).

That leaves a few more slots open still. Please add your name to the second post (it's a wiki, you can edit) under the desired tour. First come, first serve as of this evening - no priority for those last slots (other than you and any guest must both be registered for TESLIVE). I'll move your name up to the confirmed list once I see it.

>> Big thanks to Tesla Marketing and all the work they did to make this happen. <<