Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forbes - Building A Green Dream Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are saying 240 miles for the Model S, what happened to the 160miles version of the Model S ? I've seen a higher quote than 160 miles several places now. Is this a case of the same thing laptop makers are doing, as in quoting battery times and weights with 2 widely different battery setups. So quoting the long-range version range numbers and the short range version price? Or are the specs moving again for the Model S?

Cobos

As best as I can tell there are a few things going on.

1) Some reports of the Model S are quoting Roadster stats
2) The $59k Model S is supposed to be 160 miles
3) They will have different models. One with more batteries, and another with more and higher capacity batteries. The top end model they plan to get over 300 miles if possible.

At least that is how I have been interpreting it. This is more or less what Tesla told us at the TMC meet up last month - although I suppose it is possible that things are changing that rapidly and widely.

But looking at the recent Tesla Think blog Drori is quoting the 240 miles range and the $60 000 price. And he should clearly be able to seperate the Roadster and the Model S, and if not get someone to fact-check his blog. I get the feeling they are moving the specs of the Model S up a notch or making it lighter and less roomy to maintain the price? I don't know I suppose, I really would like to know the final Model S specs now :)

Cobos