Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Tesla Model S 19" wheels and tires - Atlanta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a Model S and it will arrive in July. I am planning to add aftermarket wheels and am checking to see if there is interest for someone who wants the 19" wheel package. They will obviously be in MINT condition as they will be new and the only miles on them will be the deliver drive and then to the tire-place to add the aftermarket wheels.

Yes, I would be interested. It depends on the pricing of course... BTW, tirerack.com now has the TPMS sensors for the Model S for $388 for a set of 4, so you wouldn't have to demount/remount the tires (just factor in the TPMS sensors replacements into the sell price). Also Tesla service centers sell them for $125 each, tirerack.com is a better deal, but you'll still need to have the service center program the new TPMS to your car

Thanks for the tip on the TPMS sensors. I didn't realize the service center would need to reprogram. There is not a service center in Atlanta yet, or one within driving distance. Do you know what will happen if I drive the car with it not reprogrammed?

Seeing that these would be brand new, I'd like to get an idea of their worth. I just signed up on the forum, made this post and haven't done the research yet (I was not expecting such a fast reply). Any idea of what others have sold for and their "market price"? I will do some research in the next day but am open to an offer as well.

I've seen a set of 4 on eBay (without the TPMS sensors of course) for $500 (the buy it now was $900): Tesla Model s 19 Wheels Tires | eBay

With that said, here are the prices:

TPMS sensor: $125 from a Tesla service center ($388 for a set of 4 from tirerack.com)
19" wheel: $275 from a Tesla service center
Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 OEM tire: $139 from tirerack.com:
GoodyearEagle RS-A2

Plus mounting and balancing, looking at $539 per tire or $2156 for the set, but no one wants to pay that much. I'm looking for the wheels mostly to use them to mount snow tires on.

By law, if your car has a TPMS system most aftermarket shops won't mount tires on wheels without them (liability / safety issues), You would get a TPMS alarm without properly working sensors, it won't stop the car, but you'd never know if you have slow leak in a tire, for example. Some people have the tires taken off the OEM wheels and use the factory sensors, you wouldn't need to visit a Tesla service center then for adding the replacements to your car.. Of course then you might as well leave the tire off the wheels as the buyer will need to add TPMS sensors before using the wheels for anything else.

Also keep in mind that Tesla sells 4 wheels with TPMS sensors and snow tires for $2,400, so that limits the resale value as well: Shop Tesla Gear Pirelli Winter Wheel and Tire Set Installed

Last edited:
It just opened apparently! Last I looked (last week or so) it said "coming soon" and I had no idea of what time period "soon" meant. Cool!

- - - Updated - - -

@mitch762: My desire is to find a nice set of aftermarket wheels either in 20" or 21". So I'm now researching to see what wheels "look good" but also the most important thing is to ensure they don't rub or cause issues due to aerodynamics. Tesla's 21" wheels I like okay, but in the coming days I hope to find some nice wheels that are lightweight that will work. If so, I'll gladly give up my brand new 19's for the fair market price for "used" wheels.

Time to find some nice after-markets... :)

It just opened apparently! Last I looked (last week or so) it said "coming soon" and I had no idea of what time period "soon" meant. Cool!

- - - Updated - - -

@mitch762: My desire is to find a nice set of aftermarket wheels either in 20" or 21". So I'm now researching to see what wheels "look good" but also the most important thing is to ensure they don't rub or cause issues due to aerodynamics. Tesla's 21" wheels I like okay, but in the coming days I hope to find some nice wheels that are lightweight that will work. If so, I'll gladly give up my brand new 19's for the fair market price for "used" wheels.

Time to find some nice after-markets... :)

Sting, did you find any aftermarket set? I'm looking to upgrade mine too!