Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Truck maker in Bay area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe.

I got the impression it was more "truck-y".

Funny, I was driving and sort of half heard the story and thought, "I'll have to check out the details of this one on ABG, etc." when I get home tonight."

Weird to not find it.

Arrrg, no.

I know Phoenix, saw my first one at the Ontario Auto show (Who knew?) It was around the corner for them.

I would have recognized Smith from the UK as well. I lived in the Bay area over a decade and now in LA I have worked in Torrance and know that town.

Sigh.

Could it have been this one?
balqon-nautilus-e-30.jpg

...domenick points out a truck maker that plans to offer large trucks to do container shipping around ports (like Long Beach). Possibly what vfx heard (and I recall hearing about too), but they aren't in the SF Bay Area...

Heard on the radio a few days ago that there was a new truck maker in the bay area.
Electric truck maker.

Balqon Corporation Corporate
1701 E. Edinger Avenue
Unit E-3
Santa Ana, California 92705, USA
Telephone: +1 714 836 6344
FAX: +1 714 836 6343

By the way, those around SF frequently talk of "Bay Area" not always realizing that lots of other places also call themselves "the bay area" too.

Ok, Now it's been so long and it was vague enough in the first place that I would not even know if someone called it.

Good point about other "Bay areas" so I may have jumped to that, and also the Zero truck sounds like a good candidate though I was hoping that maybe they might have a week or two old press-release. That's usually how these news stories get picked up.

If I have the power, I hereby release all from the search since I have already forgotten what I didn't know in the first place. :frown: