Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limo - Taxi Services using Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Those of us that travel for work want to continue the Tesla experience. Now some Car pickups are offering Teslas for Taxi or Limo service

Please use this thread to document with links and or phone numbers where they are in the US. This might make a good Wiki.

Tesla Rentals already have a thread.

I'll edit this list as the contact info is listed.

• This guy in LA has been talking (offline) about getting an S
  • There was a guy in Marin CA who posted he had put in extra sound deadening in his MS for his service. Can't find his thread.
  • Strack Transportation has reported to have a MS. http://www.stracktransportation.com/our-fleet/
  • UBERX in Boston had (has?) an "Easter Egg" MS
    On Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14, a Tesla Model S will be available on UBERx. All you have to do is summon an UBERx, and hope that the Tesla shows up
  • Others? Post em here!

I saw a Strack Model S yesterday at the Space X supercharger. Black with the standard TCP badging on the back. Sounds like electric could be a win for some limo services with how much the driver said they send on gas per month for their fleet. Only downside I could see is time spent charging cutting into drive time.

I saw a Strack Model S yesterday at the Space X supercharger. Black with the standard TCP badging on the back. Sounds like electric could be a win for some limo services with how much the driver said they send on gas per month for their fleet. Only downside I could see is time spent charging cutting into drive time.

Most limo's and taxi's do ~200 miles per day. The charging requirements for the Model S fit that nicely, and especially if you have access to a SuperCharger like you do in Los Angeles. An enterprising individual wanting to move in this direction might inquire about purchasing SuperCharger's and installing them for their own use (perhaps also charging access fee's for private owners?).

The total cost of ownership may still be a little high for the model S for regular taxi usage. As you drive more, the total cost of ownership per mile drops, but I'm not sure if it is quite enough to make the cut for a regular cab.

For higher end limo service, the S is great, the quiet drive train and spacious interior should be solid selling points.

This car makes for a perfect taxi, normal fleets of crown vics average $24k(or so) for fuel and normal maintenance a year. Most of the time the are sitting in idle, or short trips. Probably average less than 250 miles per shift. This is more valuable the more it is driven. I would think cost of taxi rides would go down significantly, figure average taxi probably gets 15-20mpg.

This car makes for a perfect taxi, normal fleets of crown vics average $24k(or so) for fuel and normal maintenance a year. Most of the time the are sitting in idle, or short trips. Probably average less than 250 miles per shift. This is more valuable the more it is driven. I would think cost of taxi rides would go down significantly, figure average taxi probably gets 15-20mpg.

Won't beat a Prius. They do much better than 15-20mpg and don't need much maintenance. But the Model S' nicer ride and copious luggage space would I'm sure be a nice premium experience.

In NYC, IIRC, the yellow cab average is something like 280 miles per day and the car runs near 24 hours. But I think NYC is an extreme case.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407308973.181281.jpg