Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-coat red should be called multi-color red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The multi-coat red is really extraordinary as the color seems to change quite dramatically under various lighting conditions. In low light it looks very much like the signature red but in bright light it becomes a more orange-red. The longer I have the car the more I love it.

Here are few shots in bright sun that show the orange side of the red.

DSC_3281.JPG

DSC_3282.JPG

DSC_3287.JPG

DSC_3288.JPG

DSC_3289.JPG

DSC_3291.JPG

For sure. Before I finalized my order, I was disappointed that the Signature wasn't available to us non-signature buyers, but not anymore. And I'm so pleased I switched from blue.

I was also leaning towards the Blue because it was available sooner, but my wife insisted we wait for the RED......and I am so happy we did. My neighbor has the blue and it is very nice, but I think the RED is much better.

This second shot here, is stunning! Good angle, good composure.
I had a red RX7 back in the day. Loved that car too.

Originally I was thinking I'd go with the metallic brown (black was always in the mix), soon dropped that. Then our local store showroom has two stunning whites there. I've been waffling about black vs white (committed with black tho)... but man this red..... super nice.

I loved the blue color on my first MS, but I hated the time it took to keep it clean. Now I've ordered Red and think I'll be happier. I suppose I could have ordered grey just because it shows the least dirt, but I doubt that I'd be able to live with myself if I had an exciting car in a color that is really boring.

I love my mc red P85. While the Tesla is a head turner no matter what the color, mc red adds to it. I get lots of smiles, waves and compliments on the car. People mention the color a lot. The other day a woman on the cross walk stops in front of my car - I lip read "what a beautiful car". She lingers and the light changes. Didn't have the heart to honk at her (the guy behind me did, though).

I loved the blue color on my first MS, but I hated the time it took to keep it clean. Now I've ordered Red and think I'll be happier. I suppose I could have ordered grey just because it shows the least dirt, but I doubt that I'd be able to live with myself if I had an exciting car in a color that is really boring.

Mark -
I've seen a few red's on the road now, including one on 51 the other day. Fantastic color. I think if I'd seen it in person before finalizing my order that I would have gone with it instead of the white I got...

A buddy of mine has a multicoat red. I've got a black. Whenever we go out people inevitably notice his car first, start asking questions about it, and then only notice my black Model S sitting there next to it when we point it out.

The red looks fantastic, eye catching, and will get more attention. If you want stealth and to blend in a bit, go with black. If you want a bit more attention go with red.

Thanks for posting beautiful pics. Now that you are 1 1/2 years on with the car, can you share with us how difficult it is to keep it looking good?

My first choice was silver, since that is one of the most forgiving colors for hiding dust and road dirt, and it looks very nice, but the multi-coat red looks absolutely stunning.

Mine still looks great almost 2 years after delivery (though I did have it OptiCoated...huge difference). The color is like a chameleon, always changing depending on lighting. Beautiful...never boring. Would get it again in a heartbeat.

For sure. Before I finalized my order, I was disappointed that the Signature wasn't available to us non-signature buyers, but not anymore. And I'm so pleased I switched from blue.

Artsci - your comment has me concerned now! The wife doesn't want the red and wants the blue. I'm leaning towards the red as it is a stunning color. The blue is almost black. I have a black Volt now - hard as hell to keep it clean! I wonder if I could talk her into the red .... I need to try.