Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of XPEL Ultimate install on Multi-Coat Red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evan Rowe of Auto Armour LLC. in La Jolla just wrapped my Multi-Coat Red 85 with XPEL Ultimate.

I had the following areas wrapped:
1. front bumper
2. nose cone
3. head and fog lights
4. front fenders
5. full hood
6. front of outside rear view mirrors
7. "push" surface of all door handles
8. all door edges
9. small areas immediately in front and rear of the rear tires
10. flat area under trunk lid (susceptible to scratches from loading groceries, luggage etc.)
11. small area of trunk lid that hits my garage door when I open trunk

I honestly think the product is shinier than the original paint.

Here are 4 pictures he took of the finished job.
465291_591422237544146_944061345_o.jpg
465291_591422247544145_1276188984_o.jpg
465291_591422244210812_1780245831_o.jpg

Attachments

• 465291_591422240877479_1700677065_o.jpg
    465291_591422240877479_1700677065_o.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 5,075
Great photos Home! I just got XPel Ultimate done yesterday too. How are you planning to take care of it? Did Evan put any XPEL Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant on it yet?

I think just wash it normally. No need to wax etc.
Evan did give me a bottle of the sealant you mentioned. I haven't put it on yet.
Maybe I should.

Did your installer put on the sealant or just give you a bottle?

Evan Rowe of Auto Armour LLC. in La Jolla just wrapped my Multi-Coat Red 85 with XPEL Ultimate.

I had the following areas wrapped:
1. front bumper
2. nose cone
3. head and fog lights
4. front fenders
5. full hood
6. front of outside rear view mirrors
7. "push" surface of all door handles
8. all door edges
9. small areas immediately in front and rear of the rear tires
10. flat area under trunk lid (susceptible to scratches from loading groceries, luggage etc.)
11. small area of trunk lid that hits my garage door when I open trunk

Do you mind if I ask what it cost you? I'm shopping around right now for almost the same. I was considering doing all 4 doors and not just the edges. Can you see the line on the door?

Do you mind if I ask what it cost you? I'm shopping around right now for almost the same. I was considering doing all 4 doors and not just the edges. Can you see the line on the door?

As the Founder of the San Diego Tesla Club, I negotiated a special price for the club. Since you're in my old hometown area (Frederick, MD.) it wouldn't do you any good to know what we are being charged here.
I suggest you call authorized installers in your area. They are listed on the Xpel website.

And yes, you can see the edge of the film on the door edge if you look from a foot away and know it's there.. But looking at the car normally, no, you wouldn't see it.
Doing all four doors completely is a better, but more expensive, way to go.

As the Founder of the San Diego Tesla Club, I negotiated a special price for the club. Since you're in my old hometown area (Frederick, MD.) it wouldn't do you any good to know what we are being charged here.
I suggest you call authorized installers in your area. They are listed on the Xpel website.

And yes, you can see the edge of the film on the door edge if you look from a foot away and know it's there.. But looking at the car normally, no, you wouldn't see it.
Doing all four doors completely is a better, but more expensive, way to go.

There seems to be a lot of pricing variability, even within the same market.

I paid $3,500 in Dallas for same treatment. I got other quotes of $3,700 and $4,300.

I had every painted surface done plus all the front lights and the strip between the windshield and the pano roof DFW, Invisibra. $5,500 with SunTek. Of all the places I looked, none would do Xpel (including the ones listed on the Xpel site) and Invisibra had the most positive reviews. Norm is great to work with.

$5,500 with SunTek.

Suntek has a 5 year warranty; Xpel Ultimate has a 10 year warranty against almost everything.

Of all the places I looked, none would do Xpel (including the ones listed on the Xpel site)

Really? Factory authorized Xpel installers refused to use Xpel. Really?

My research showed Xpel Ultimate to be the best paint protection film on the market. Do some research, look at their websites.

Hi Everyone,
I noticed there was some interest on the forum about paint protection film, so I figured I would make myself available to answer any questions about having film applied to your car. Just to address some that I have already seen:

• Pricing does vary quite a bit for installations, even within a single market. While not always true, it is typical that the most highly skilled installers charge the most, because their services are in the highest demand. The quality/durability/thickness of the film will also factor into the pricing as well.
  • The XPEL dealer locator features installers that use our film and/or us our precut pattern software, so you may run into some listings that use the film but not the software or vice versa.
  • XPEL film is actually quite easy to remove after years of use. In fact, of all of the brands of film available today, there are only one or two that are considered tedious to remove.
  • XPEL Ultimate doesn’t require any type of additional maintenance, but the sealant does make the surface a little slicker to make it even easier to wipe off bugs or bird droppings.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have regarding XPEL or paint protection film as a whole!
Regards,

Jeff Phillips

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have regarding XPEL or paint protection film as a whole!
Regards,
Jeff Phillips

Hi Jeff:

Very cool to have someone from Xpel following my post. I do have a question for you. My installer, Evan Rowe with Auto Armour LLC in La Jolla, CA wanted to cut a piece of Xpel Ultimate to fit the flat area under my Tesla S trunk lid. He said loading groceries and luggage could scratch that surface.

However, he said you guys hadn't made that pattern yet, so he couldn't input it into his software to cut the piece for me. He said he could cut it by hand, but he preferred to have you develop a pattern because of the complex curves involved.

Any progress?

David,

If you are interested, we do have the option for the entire rear bumper including the trunk ledge.

If you would prefer to cover the trunk ledge only, just send a quick e-mail to [email protected]. I’ll add you to our design notification list. That way, you'll get an e-mail as soon as our designers have created the part.

Just a heads’ up, we do not have a Tesla store near our headquarters in San Antonio, so it may take a little longer than usual to add this coverage.

If there are any Model S owners in and around the San Antonio area, we’d be happy to install film for free on your trunk ledge if we could have access to your vehicle for about 30 minutes to create the template. Just send me an e-mail if you are interested!

Regards,

Jeff Phillips
XPEL

*I apologize for the format of my post, but IE10 is giving me all sorts of grief with the enter key on posts!

Regards,

Jeff Phillips

As I mentioned earlier, I got almost my entire car wrapped (used all available kits). There was no kit to cover the trunk (hatchback) area. Not a big area for rocks, I realize though I worry about uneven paint wear 2/2 UV. Will you guys be releasing a kit for that?

Also for those who didn't opt for the sunroof (I actually did), they might like to wrap the top.

P.S. Loving the product so far. I would show pictures, but it would simply be pictures of a blue Tesla Model S. Totally invisible as advertised.

Pre-cut XPEL Paint Protection Kits

Dave, your paint protection film looks great.

Like Zesty Chicken, I wrapped the entire car with Xpel Ultimate with the exception of the hatchback. I was able to negotiate a much better price by having my windows and sunroof tinted (3M Crystalline), paint protection film and vinyl wrap for window trim and nose cone trim done at the same location. The shop was willing to give a significant discount over what I was being quoted when I separated all the jobs.