Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster #411 on ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla : Roadster Karma in Tesla | eBay Motors

anyone have info on this roadster? vin
5YJRE11B781000411
kinda sketch as the description says "Roadster karma" also barcode on the PEM says "remanufactured" what does that even mean??

The pictures look like they were taken in new jersey as the other cars have jersey plates. I'm in New York so i might try to arrange to have a look at it. will update with my findings.

VIN seems real.
I found this old pic of that car:
roadster411.jpg

Last edited:
When you have an ESS replaced, for what ever reason, it will be a remanufactured one. I just had mine replaced and was shocked when I read the description of my ESS on my invoice and believe me, you don't get a discount for a remanufactured ESS. $38,500 no matter what you call it. Tesla called it a new ESS in the quote, I guess that means "NEW TO ME".

When you have an ESS replaced, for what ever reason, it will be a remanufactured one. I just had mine replaced and was shocked when I read the description of my ESS on my invoice and believe me, you don't get a discount for a remanufactured ESS. $38,500 no matter what you call it. Tesla called it a new ESS in the quote, I guess that means "NEW TO ME".

wow, that's one expensive repair bill. i would think all the cells themselves are new right? or do they just test each cell and replace only as necessary? did the $38.5k include labor? I hope you won't mind me asking, but why did your roadster need a new ESS? I'm looking to buy ether a type s or a roadster in the near future and battery pack problems are my biggest concerns.

Hi guys, My name is Marc and i am the guy selling the above Roadster on Ebay. I assure you there is nothing "sketchy" about this car. I have a house in NJ and my location is in TriBeCa Manhattan, any of you are more than welcome to come and inspect and drive the car whenever you like. I traded this and an Aston Martin just a few weeks ago from one of my customers. I do not want to disclose his name but I believe he, and the car itself, is well known in the Tesla Community. Anyways, just wanted to reach out so that there was no confusion over the car or myself. The car is in perfect condition and has super low miles. I have all the extras that came with the car including the power station charger. I am pretty familiar with these cars having had one of the first press cars when they were first launched. If you would like more info or even better to come see the car please do not hesitate to contact me.............. Thanks, Marc - 551 998 5516

P.S - The reason is says "Karma" in the ebay listing is because i was trying to give the Tesla more exposure, there is a sub heading option in ebay when you are listing a car that you can use to promote your car. I will usually write in similar model cars so i have maximum exposure. For example if i was selling an 'F430 Ferrari' i would probably write 'Gallardo' and '911 Turbo' as these 2 cars would be the main competitors for the F430. As with any car your selling you try to reach the most amount of people possible. The only comparable car in the price range i could think of for the tesla was the karma. Hopefully this will solve any suspicions anybody had...............Thx

Hi guys, My name is Marc and i am the guy selling the above Roadster on Ebay. I assure you there is nothing "sketchy" about this car. I have a house in NJ and my location is in TriBeCa Manhattan, any of you are more than welcome to come and inspect and drive the car whenever you like. I traded this and an Aston Martin just a few weeks ago from one of my customers. I do not want to disclose his name but I believe he, and the car itself, is well known in the Tesla Community. Anyways, just wanted to reach out so that there was no confusion over the car or myself. The car is in perfect condition and has super low miles. I have all the extras that came with the car including the power station charger. I am pretty familiar with these cars having had one of the first press cars when they were first launched. If you would like more info or even better to come see the car please do not hesitate to contact me.............. Thanks, Marc - 551 998 5516

P.S - The reason is says "Karma" in the ebay listing is because i was trying to give the Tesla more exposure, there is a sub heading option in ebay when you are listing a car that you can use to promote your car. I will usually write in similar model cars so i have maximum exposure. For example if i was selling an 'F430 Ferrari' i would probably write 'Gallardo' and '911 Turbo' as these 2 cars would be the main competitors for the F430. As with any car your selling you try to reach the most amount of people possible. The only comparable car in the price range i could think of for the tesla was the karma. Hopefully this will solve any suspicions anybody had...............Thx

i see that the listing is gone, is the car sold?

I think the price is high. Look at other threads in the For Sale forum. I think the car is worth more like $60k, or a super deal might be in the $50s.

And my Roadster is my daily driver/commuter and I love it. If I need to go to Home Depot I take my A4 Avant, or if I need four seats, but to drive to work it is for me ideal.

Really? You think $60k for a one owner roadster with only 2k miles? How exactly did you come up with that? I thought my car was a relative bargain at that price. If you guys can show me a legit cheaper car i will do my best to match it.

You own a roadster as well "ipdamages"??? I would of thought you would of wanted to keep the market prices higher rather than claiming they should be lower. If i was to sell this car for $50k how much would that make your roadster worth?

- - - Updated - - -

Zer0t - I replied to your ebay response a few days ago and send you a PM there too. Best way to contact me if your serious is a phone call, my cell number is right on the ad.............Thx

Those don't look like forged wheels to me. Any one else know for sure?

Also - you should be coming up on the last warranty checkup - right. It might help if you either mention that it was just checked or that there is one more free warranty check by XX date.

I agree that $50K would be way low given the options, condition, and mileage. I think $62-65K is realistic given recent transactions. $69K is going to take someone who really wants that color combination.

I paid $65K for mine (472) almost a year ago. It did have about 10K more miles and no electronics group - but it also had a nifty vinyl wrap and a year of warranty left (not to mention a year less depreciation). A typical 2008 car would depreciate 16-20% in a year. A roadster may be quite a bit less due to collector value, desirability, and low usage - but they are still depreciating at close to that rate in practice. We've seen several go at below $60K.