Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Showroom Opens in Tysons Corner, VA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Walked into the mall this morning and low and behold . . . the showroom is open! They have 2 sport performance models and a demo chasis on the floor. Lots of people stopping and looking in.... I spoke with a really nice rep named Muhammad (who drives an awesome M3) and he was very insightful. He says the showroom has been ready to open for a while but they've been very patient with the VA ruling and the mall management. Anyhow, enough talk, pics below. . .

va8.jpg
va7.jpg
va6.jpg
va5.jpg
va4.jpg
va1.jpg
va3.jpg
va2.jpg

That's great news. I love that that kid stopped and then managed to make his way into the store, the second man in the white shirt and the woman looking as they are walking by, and that other white-shirted man 'still' standing there like he's just not sure what he's seeing. :smile:

Yay! I wonder if this means the issue with Tesla obtaining a "dealer's" license in VA has been resolved? It may just be that Tesla can't "sell" out of this store.

As of right now, it has not been resolved. They have window stickers on the cars but they won't discuss the pricing with you. They'll refer you online or to the DC store. Still though, amazing to see how many people stop and look, having never heard of the company before. Great exposure.

I stopped by today and chatted with Beau and Will. They received notice on Monday that they were going to open the store Friday. Needless to say it was a busy week for them.

Foot traffic in the store was excellent for a Saturday morning. They can't sell or discuss pricing because of the VA license issue. The cars that are there are from the DC store.

Beau confirmed the Tesla parking spaces and chargers are available for customer use. They just ask that you check in with the store. They only have roadster chargers right now, but should have adapters and an HPWC in a few weeks.

A
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688804.689078.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688824.188184.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688840.707764.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688883.841153.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688861.624655.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367688861.624655.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:
vfx beat me to it! No surprise, plus I can't seem to post photos from iPad anyway. There is A LOT more on that chassis than the only other one I've yet to see which was in Paramus NJ. One of the earliest stores, right? Don't quote me, but they also called their test drive S a "beater". (It was very nice.)

i sure hope some of those "we can't talk to you about buying a car" signs end up getting saved for the museum.

I was in the store yesterday and one of the advisors said that Tesla owners could move the cones and park at the Tesla charging spots despite not being able to charge the Model S there. Should have called and asked prior to my visit as that parking garage on a midday Saturday was a ZOO. There was massive foot traffic in and around the store just as George envisioned.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I was there with my kids (and the Model S) on Saturday and it *was* a zoo. I went ahead and had the boys move the chains so we could park in peace (we didn't need to charge). Once in the mall, we let the staff at the store know and they were fine with that.

Was there yesterday and parked in the garage. The chargers are Roadster chargers (not sure why they'd start with those) but the store said they have the Roadster to Model S converter on order and would be coming in a few weeks.

mail

Model S and roadster can use roadster evse. Roadster can't use HPWC. Although I hear they have at least one HPWC on order too.