Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airport parking at SeaTac?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a discussion over at the Google Group NW Tesla owners site. Basically up on the 5th floor in the SeaTac parking garage they have 5 or 6 110 v outlets with reserved EV parking. Sometimes they are ICED. Over at Masterpark in the valet garage they have 4 Blink stations and they appear to charge for free, at least they did for me. There are usually one of two S's and a leaf parked there, plus the rate is less than the airport parking.

Full disclosure, I’m a representative of SeaTacPARK.com.

That being said, I think we are a great option for electric vehicle parking. We have four spaces with outlet access. You can park and charge your electric vehicle for the same rate as any other car. That, and we haven't had any parking lot fires this week :tongue: (apparently this is a point we should be advertising more).

We do need a little notice to guarantee their availability though, so give us a call, or email us at [email protected] to reserve an electric vehicle stall.

Masterpark advertises electric car charging on their home page. Never used it, so I can't comment further.

You can also start from PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! and look at what comes up.

masterpark has this at the multistory garage (Lot G). There are two blink stations iirc, at standard rates. If you'd like charging, you need to leave your Blink card with them and they will plug in it on the morning (by default), though a nice word with them and they'll plug it in before you leave if you prefer - a tip helps ;-)
I see lot B has chargers too. I park at G out of the two, as B is not covered.

Saying this I use SeaTac more often than not. If it's just a day or two trip I don't plug in and park on a higher, less-traffic, floor. If it's more than 2 I do. When I see EVs in the parking spot and not plugged in I feel the need to shame them, though have held back so far ;-)

Has anybody found EV friendly airport parking at SeaTac yet? I found a blog post from 2011 for Seatacpark about a Leaf owners experience, but not a lot of details.

Masterpark lot G / Garage is always fast and friendly but not as quick as parking in the SeaTac garage.They have 2 blink stations right when you park in. If you are going to be gone for a long time, you will have to call them and ask them to charge your car.

The SeaTac Garage is $99 per week floor 5 and above with an internet coupon. You will need to bring your own charging cable and maybe an extension cord if the spots are taken. Also, if somehow you get unplugged or the circuit trips there is really no way to get plugged back in. The last time I dropped my wife off, there were several open spots.

We usually just Uber to the airport hassle all together.

Have you thought about making a service appointment while you are away? The Tesla Seattle service center is a half block from a light rail station. They always take great care of my car.

I really liked MasterPark Lot G with their express pay system and all, but I've not used them since getting the Tesla as I'm not thrilled about having someone valet the car.

I've been using WallyPark Premier garage self-park. They have canvas protectors between each spot to prevent door dings which is nice. The only (potential) problem I've seen is that their reservation system doesn't really seem to have any correlation to spot availability based on reviews. I've never had to resort to parking on the roof, but sometimes the covered levels are crazy full.

I really liked MasterPark Lot G with their express pay system and all, but I've not used them since getting the Tesla as I'm not thrilled about having someone valet the car.

I've been using WallyPark Premier garage self-park. They have canvas protectors between each spot to prevent door dings which is nice. The only (potential) problem I've seen is that their reservation system doesn't really seem to have any correlation to spot availability based on reviews. I've never had to resort to parking on the roof, but sometimes the covered levels are crazy full.

Interesting... Any spots with EV charge points? Don't see anything listed online. A week is never usually an issue though...

I'm not sure... I thought I read something about some spots having access to a standard wall plug, but I've never remembered to check. most trips I take are under a week, and if longer I usually just get a car service as it comes out to about the same price.