Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clos Du Bois - Free wine tasting w/ Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We stopped in Geyserville @ Clos Du Bois Winery to use the free Chargepoint station.

Turns out they have > 1.1 MW Solar system :eek: and 4(?) free charge spots under a solar rack for shaded parking. We went in to taste some wine and charge for an hourish and as we were getting ready to pay for the tasting at the end + purchase a couple of bottles of wine I mentioned that we stopped since they had a charger - 'oh, well tasting is free for anyone charging" was the response! :biggrin:

so, I actually joined a wine club since we make the Eureka/SF trip ~3-4 times a year or so and can pick up the wine w/out shipping + some pretty nice discounts & my wine fridge is pretty sparse now

pretty tasty for reasonably priced wine - not sure If I like any of their grocery store available wines? but tasting room wines were all pretty tasty

Very cool; I added it to my "Tesla Highway" map. 101 is looking like a pretty reasonable alternative for people that don't have twin chargers.

Even though it's slower I'm thinking of going home that way after my next Bay area trip in June. The first trip I took (back when there were no chargers anywhere North of San Francisco) was along 101, and it sure was a nicer drive. (In fact, somebody on these forums spotted me on that trip...)

Was there yesterday. Very nice place.

Their reputation is kind of poor because the wines they send to stores are good, not great mass produced. But at the winery there are some small production very nice wines which go to restaurants or you can buy directly there. The Unoaked Chardonnay is much more like a french white burgundy and a good deal IMO. Next trip we'll try to pack a lunch to have there.

Watch out, across the highway is Coppola winery and has chargers but they have a fee.

In the last year lots of wineries have added charge stations and I expect that will continue.

I also recommend Inman Family winery near Santa Rosa. Pricey but fantastic Pinot Noir. Small place.