Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla Club for 2013 onwards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is early days for the Tesla but a few Roadster owners and eventual new Model S and Model X owners would perhaps like to meet up. Nissan Leaf are doing a good job promoting their meets so just testing the waters for a Tesla related option?

Perhaps there is one already?

Goodwood Breakfast Club, other meets could be arranged, even if only once or twice a year. The SoCal Greenspeed Tesla LA club have their meets, why not a UK related option now and then?

Not sure how many UK Roadster owners are out there but happy to start a simple website to see the possibility? Might be that those that do have the Roadster are looking to go Model S, or keep both, just be good to see who is doing what and to pass any tips around to TMC etc.

Dipping a toe in the water,
Regards
Dan43

Sounds good, will try to get some UK interest going for the UK side of things. It is a bit quiet but we don't have much going on. Just saw the UK Tesla site has removed the Roadster from its site for buying.

- - - Updated - - -

Going through my mind that I really would like a Roadster, it does seem though the UK pricing for used examples is still strong, the US market seems to be around $70,000-$90,000.
Just can't keep away though from the EV itch. Our Model S units are not due for a while, early 2014 at best.
Dan43

Not sure really if anything will get any traction until Model S and X volumes hit the UK, not enough of us around and most Roadster owners are keeping things quiet a little bit.
See some Roadsters bought by individuals and Companies as Company car purchases (100% UK write down) and I know of one Model S in the UK as an imported LHD model ( a Company CEO it seems)
Wonder if the Tesla brand will gain any UK market traction or if it does how long it could take?
Best
Dan43

OK. Sorry, been away for a week of white-knuckle gliding in the Alps (see below).

1-20130710.131812.001.jpg

In terms of gliding options, would you be looking for:

A. a single winch-launched trial flight (very exciting launch followed by 8-10mins of flight)
B. multiple flights
C. a whole day of instructional flights

Tuesday or Thursday evening flying is available, weekdays or weekends are possible (although I'd have to check?) Good flying is to be had until the end of September.

If people are coming a long distance, then I can research local accommodation with the potential for overnight charging. There's an excellent local pub/inn called the Crown in Frampton Mansell, for post-flight drinks and meals. http://www.thecrowninn-cotswolds.co.uk/

The gliding club itself is http://www.cotswoldgliding.co.uk/