Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fiat 500e EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Guilty pleasure!

I was raised in an all Fiat family. There are many things I miss about those days (and of course, many that I don't)

But among the wicked cool Spiders and Scorpions there were the 500's, Bianchinas, 600s and the Fiat Jolly that warmed my heart.

At one time the Jolly was seen in herds in it's native Catalina Island
Now there is an EV version for the new century.
Based on this clip, I seriously, seriously would want this EV. Like I said. Guilty Pleasure. (like the movies "Used Cars, and "Escape From New York") Don't hate me:frown:

Fiat 500 Tender Two: Castagna Revives 500 Jolly with Electric-Powered Beach Car - Automobile Makes and Models Fiat - Zimbio

Pictures of the Jolly: Fiat 600 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and Catalina Island here:
1961 FIAT JOLLY OLD RENTAL CARS CATALINA ISLAND - eBay (item 380053409111 end time Aug-10-08 16:51:23 PDT)

Last edited:
Fiat/Chrysler plans electric car - Autocar.co.uk

Fiat and Chrysler working together on electric car...

REPORT: Fiat and Chrysler working together on electric car — Autoblog Green

fiat-500-question-630.jpg

Well, I prefer the 1960's Jolly. The new one looks like they stole the plans from the BMW Mini and put a Fiat emblem on it.

(This one belongs to one of my neighbors.)

--Ardie

Attachments

• P4250003.JPG
    P4250003.JPG
    836.5 KB · Views: 1,795
  • P4250001.JPG
    P4250001.JPG
    814.5 KB · Views: 1,827
  • P4250002.JPG
    P4250002.JPG
    800 KB · Views: 1,612
If I was in Detroit I would go to that show and tell them all to make that car. Like I did in LA show going to every maker's booth asking where their EV prototype was. The only non-existing EV prototype I asked for was at the Lotus booth where I asked for an E-Vora (or EV-ora, either way its a great name) where it should be electric. They did not know about Lotus offering up the plans to anyone wanting to make an EV.

I never owned a Jollly but did want one (500 not 600) pretty bad.

Detroit 2010: Chrysler shows off its Fiat 500 BEV — Autoblog Green

fiat-500-ev.jpg

Same colour as the Fiat 500 BEV I saw in London in summer 2008, I think...

The 500 uses the same modular electric drive system that Chrysler has been developing for the last three years, including a battery pack comprised of large format automotive grade cells. No other details are available at this time, but Cappa did say that the electric drive team has actually grown since last year, despite the elimination of ENVI. In fact, Chrysler is still hiring engineers for its electric team. The focus at this time remains commercial applications like compact vans, and Cappa told ABG that the timing mentioned at the November 4 business planning meeting still holds true. That means the first product should appear in the 2012 time frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their Website quotes somewhat realistic numbers when comparing it to a Fiat 500:

Around 2,98 Gallon/100miles (33.6 MPG) vs. 17.7kWh/100 miles
Gas price of 1,49 €/l (which is definately reality) vs. electricity of 0,24€(kWh (also reality in Germany)
Monthly driving of 1.000km, looks in-line for a vehicle of that size.

It'll get you around town, cheaper than a Fiat 500 on gas.

New EV announced: The Fiat 500e

While it certainly won't compete with the Model S, especially in Range and Performance, it's nice to hear about a high(ish) profile EV being released, and nice to see another EV that someone has clearly put some thought into the styling of it:

FIAT 500e Electrifies the Cinquecento Lineup |

I have to say, I think that it looks pretty cool, especially the interior. If i had a daughter in college, I would totally buy her one.

Fiat500e1.jpg
Fiat500e2.jpg
Fiat500e3.jpg