Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174
Results 1,731 to 1,733 of 1733

Thread: GM Chevy Volt

Quote Originally Posted by TNEVol View Post
    OK I have some questions for the Volt owners. We live in a rural area about 40 miles from Nashville TN. My wife's car Mazda 3 likely won't make it to Model 3 significant production. I love my P85 but she thinks it and the MX are too big and too $$. I need a transition car until the Model 3 and the 2016 Volt looks about right. Leaf is out due to range and IMO ugly, as is I3 for similar reasons. The only Volt owner I know loves her car but has had dealer problems since the dealer she bought from has one guy certified and whenever he is on vacation or sick they can't work on it. Other dealers refuse to work on it because she didn't purchase it from them. When we get a Model 3 I intend to give the Volt to my granddaughter for her first car so I am not particularly concerned about resale value. What do you Volt owners think? How do I address the dealer problem? Should I consider something else? Thanks
    I actually bought our Volt as a transition car while waiting for the Model S. I highly recommend the Volt but make sure to check your expectations because it is no Tesla. I have had no problems with our Volt and it has only been to the dealership once in 3 years for slightly low coolant for which there was no problem found. Try and live with the dealership and hope your car is problem free. My sister is on her 3rd (2nd one was in an accident), and my mother would love to buy ours but I am planning on letting our 16 year old drive it once the X comes. We are going to have to organize the optimum placing for 3 charging stations so we don't have to juggle cars too often.
    P85, Blue Metallic, Pano, Spoiler, 21" silver, Black Interior, Obeche Matte, Tech, SS, Air, Rear Seats, Twin Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by TNEVol View Post
    OK I have some questions for the Volt owners. We live in a rural area about 40 miles from Nashville TN. My wife's car Mazda 3 likely won't make it to Model 3 significant production. I love my P85 but she thinks it and the MX are too big and too $$. I need a transition car until the Model 3 and the 2016 Volt looks about right. Leaf is out due to range and IMO ugly, as is I3 for similar reasons. The only Volt owner I know loves her car but has had dealer problems since the dealer she bought from has one guy certified and whenever he is on vacation or sick they can't work on it. Other dealers refuse to work on it because she didn't purchase it from them. When we get a Model 3 I intend to give the Volt to my granddaughter for her first car so I am not particularly concerned about resale value. What do you Volt owners think? How do I address the dealer problem? Should I consider something else? Thanks
    I’m hoping the Volt will be my son’s first car many years down the road. I’ve never had trouble with a dealer refusing to work on it and I’ve never taken it back to the selling dealer. Being Volt-certified should only come into play if they’re working on the hybrid systems or electronics. Anybody can change oil, rotate tires, replace brakes, etc. (not that those things are required very often).
    Volt owner. Model 3 enthusiast.
    “Tesla will likely provide both pure electric and range extended electric drive options in the future. We refer to the latter as a REEV (Range Extended Electric Vehicle) to distinguish it from “hybrids,” which are really just gasoline engine cars with a small electric motor and tiny battery.” – E. Musk, 2007

I bought my Volt when I finally accepted that a S40 wouldn't meet my needs and a S60 was out of my price range. It works great for me because all my day to day travel is between 25-40 miles a day, and I take 10-20 trips a year that are 150-300 miles one way. I bought my car from a dealer in Florida and had it shipped here because it's cheaper buying Volts from high quantity dealerships, and have had no trouble having it worked on here. I'd advise anyone looking to buy a Volt to go to the GM-Volt.com forum and look at the offers the dealerships put in the Buying, Leasing forum. They're often thousands cheaper than what local dealerships want in lower sales areas.

Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174

Thread Information