Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156
Results 1,551 to 1,553 of 1553

Thread: GM Chevy Volt

Quote Originally Posted by EVNow View Post
    They are not the same people-if I get a Volt instead of Leaf I won't drive more EV miles. In fact I'll drive less.
    If we swapped the Volt for a Leaf I'd drive fewer miles in the Leaf, because after my wife divorced me, I'd move closer to work.

But assuming we swapped the Volt for a Leaf and my wife generally commuted in the Leaf, we'd probably end up driving fewer electric miles because we almost always drive beyond range at the weekends.

However, Volt+(>=Leaf) combo would, I think, work out nicely. 2019 is my target year to switch over, hopefully to a long-range BEV that can cover our regular longer trips.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNotAboutTheMoney View Post
    But assuming we swapped the Volt for a Leaf and my wife generally commuted in the Leaf, we'd probably end up driving fewer electric miles because we almost always drive beyond range at the weekends.

However, Volt+(>=Leaf) combo would, I think, work out nicely. 2019 is my target year to switch over, hopefully to a long-range BEV that can cover our regular longer trips.
    Yes - it all depends on individual circumstances. For us, weekend travel - and travel to Seattle - involves usually between 50 and 70 miles of travel. We now do that in Leaf. Infact we almost exclusively use Leaf for all our travel - using our ICE only when the Leaf is already being used or for long trips (which are exceedingly rare because of small children).

Back to my earlier point - we can't take A set of people and compare them to B set of people - unless we have taken care to make sure they are equal in all other significant variants. It is a case of really bad data science if we blindly compare Volt & Leaf usage without controlling other variables.

Infact, in our two cases - we have chosen the car that fits our needs. If we swap our cars we potentially end up using more gas than we do now (since you will have to rent an ICE to make the trips you can't with Leaf).
    MY11 Leaf : Feb-2011 to May-2013, MY13 Leaf : May-2013 to ?
    http://twitter.com/EVNow

Quote Originally Posted by GasDoc View Post
    We unexpectedly need to replace my wife's R350. Since one of the kids is gone off to college, we're getting a Volt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNotAboutTheMoney View Post
    If we swapped the Volt for a Leaf I'd drive fewer miles in the Leaf, because after my wife divorced me, I'd move closer to work.

Leaf is outselling the volt this year, maybe it's more practice in general. Or maybe it fads as newness wares off and competition builds.

Thread Information