Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,438 of 1438

Thread: GM Chevy Volt

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Fair point. I think it's a lot like having a car with 400+ mile range. Even if 90+% of time someone drives by themselves they want the option of hauling more people around. Are there really any cars that seat 2-4 people that sell in volume? Even the M3 technically seats 5 people.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

First change the design i.e. making it sexy like the prototype of first volt. Current version is not ugly but not exciting as well.

Again, I don't trust GM for anything from quality to promise (true for most of the automaker...tesla little better but they are new in town so we will see)

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    If this truly is a future product for them they should start with a new platform that can be used by future Volt variants as well.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by gameon View Post
    First change the design i.e. making it sexy like the prototype of first volt.
    Prototype had a horrible aerodynamic profile, which would mean worse range/mpg. The Converj/ELR is much nicer looking than the current Volt or the prototype, and it looks fairly aerodynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    Prototype had a horrible aerodynamic profile, which would mean worse range/mpg. The Converj/ELR is much nicer looking than the current Volt or the prototype, and it looks fairly aerodynamic.
    It is also much higher priced and less functional than a Volt with only 2 doors.
    VIN 13236, 85 kWh Battery, Performance Plus, Brown, 21" Grey Wheels, Tan Nappa Leather/Alacantara with Grey Piping, Carbon Fiber Décor Accents, Panoramic Roof, Tech Package, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf, Paint Armor, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Tesla Motors Carbon Fiber Premium Center Console

Sure but it doesn't actually cost more to make a better looking vehicle, it costs more because it's the Cadillac brand. Personally I never found two doors all that difficult to use but they could make a 4 door version that looks almost as good.

Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    I wonder about that. My wife's Pontiac Vibe has three seatbelts in the back, but unless you're no more than about 12" wide, it's ain't going to seat three back there. Kids, maybe.
    Sure, in reality you might not use that fifth seat often, but it's still something that is enough for people to cross the car off the "buy" list when looking for a car.

The other issue is you can't put a child seat in the middle.
    Because there are tons of crazy people in this world...

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    ^ both these. The center seat is the safest for my kid in the back. And, when parents visit, the 5-seater is needed. I guess the MS will serve that purpose in our household but, all the same...
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.9 (1.51.94), 22,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

Thread Information