Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slacker radio interface

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Frustration View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a complainer but when every Model S owner (nearly 10k now) loses a feature that was demonstrated as part of the "walkthrough video" sent by Tesla without notification, we should not have to pay $10/month just to get it back. Proper customer service should dictate a notification that a feature would be lost and offering the ability to upgrade for either a reduced fee (since most of the $10 month features do not work on the Tesla Model S software) or enjoying the feature for a period of time before it is actually lost.

Seems to me like this is an outage or feature loss that affects every Model S owner.
    Hey DJ, saw your tweet to Musk and his reply....pretty awesome....
    Jerry Nycom

P85 ||Pearl White||Tan Interior||Obeche Gloss||Tech + Sound||Twin Chargers||CF Spoiler||Pano Roof||21" Grey

Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    Still have not heard back from Slacker from my 4/28/13 request.
    Here is what I sent to Slacker on April 26:

How long does the Tesla free Slacker last?
    What has to be done to subscribe and will there be additional features?

- What features of the premium will work in the car, which won't?
    - Will playlists be accessible in any way?
    - Will I be able to do unlimited skips?
    - Will stations I create on the PC/Mac/iPhone5 be available in the MS and vice versa?
    - Will "any song" work like it should? (Even if I have to select from a list on the screen)

Is there a tutorial that will help learn all the features of Slacker and the Tesla interface?
    Thanks,
    Richard

After two additional inquiries with " Your request (Tesla) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.",
    They finally replied with, "

Charles B (Slacker Radio)
    May 23 08:58 (PDT)
    All of the questions below are best handled through the Tesla dealership."

I will submit the questions to Tesla and let you know the response.

RNG
    RNG In Denver: Took Delivery March 11, 2013. White, Tan, Pano, Obeche Gloss, 85kw, 19", 19" w/snows, Tech Pac, Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf, Paint Armor, HPWC, Prepaid service, Wheel & Tire Ins.

I will submit the questions to Tesla and let you know the response.

RNG
    Answer from Tesla:

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. I apologize for the delay, as I have been out of the office for the last few days.

The Slacker App for the Model S was always built with the “Plus” account in mind. Due to this, most of the premium account functionality will not function through the app. The Slacker “Plus” account that is currently being included with the vehicle is a 3-month trial that should include unlimited skips.

Stations you create on the web should also be available on the Model S, but the trial version of the subscription is only accessible through the Model S. If you choose to create your own Slacker account after this trial period ends, you will have the functionality of utilizing it on the web, as well as the vehicle.

“Any Song” is a premium feature of Slacker. While it was initially available on the Model S, Slacker’s implementation has been intermittent. That is to say, it should not be enabled on “Plus” accounts, but it seems to be functioning on some.

We hope to improve the app over time, as well as release more documentation on all the functionality of the vehicle in the future.

Thank you,

Derek Shu

My Slacker radio still allows unlimited skip and has kept the radio station that I created. It remembers my +'s and still allows me to select new ones if I skip the +'s.

No complaints so far. Hope they continue to add more benefits to the S availability, like the Premium functionality to the S application.

RNG
    RNG In Denver: Took Delivery March 11, 2013. White, Tan, Pano, Obeche Gloss, 85kw, 19", 19" w/snows, Tech Pac, Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf, Paint Armor, HPWC, Prepaid service, Wheel & Tire Ins.

P2982
    So only 3 months? We took our car in December and slacker is still working as normal under the tesla account.
    VIN 02324. Blue P85

Authorization not given to use my posts or comments elsewhere besides TMC forums.

Thanks, RNG... that's good information. I was thinking of the Premium account when my trial ends, but if the Model S app doesn't support it, I won't waste the money.

I liked the idea of Songs and Albums on demand as well as single artist stations that you only get with Premium.
    Delivered 03/09/2013

85kWh | Blue Metallic | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | 19" Wheels | Pano Roof | Tech Pkg | Sound Studio | Air Suspension | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers

The Slacker App for the Model S was always built with the “Plus” account in mind. Due to this, most of the premium account functionality will not function through the app. The Slacker “Plus” account that is currently being included with the vehicle is a 3-month trial that should include unlimited skips.
    RNG, can you follow-up to get a clarification on whether "unlimited skips" is expected to work and be supported for those upgrading from a Model-S-Trial-Plus to a standard Premium subscription? Thanks.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

I guess I have a more basic question - how do I sign in with my slacker info. I don't see an option on the interface and it doesn't appear to do it 'automatically' via Tesla log in. As far as I can tell, I'm not signed in and none of my stations or favorites from the slacker web site show up in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by gslang View Post
    I guess I have a more basic question - how do I sign in with my slacker info. I don't see an option on the interface and it doesn't appear to do it 'automatically' via Tesla log in. As far as I can tell, I'm not signed in and none of my stations or favorites from the slacker web site show up in the car.
    You have to go in to the Apps screen in the Settings (in Controls), select the Audio app and enter your login credentials there. It should be populated with the Tesla credentials by default.
    Delivered 03/09/2013

85kWh | Blue Metallic | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | 19" Wheels | Pano Roof | Tech Pkg | Sound Studio | Air Suspension | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    You have to go in to the Apps screen in the Settings (in Controls), select the Audio app and enter your login credentials there. It should be populated with the Tesla credentials by default.
    If you contact Tesla via e-mail, they can let you know the Slacker details for your vehicle.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    If you contact Tesla via e-mail, they can let you know the Slacker details for your vehicle.
    I think gslang wanted to input his own account info. He mentions not seeing his own stations and favorites as set up on the web site.
    Delivered 03/09/2013

Thread Information