Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

London Sales & Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Inside Track: Tesla asks for MSN Cars help

Where do you want revolutionary electric car maker Tesla’s London dealer to be? That’s the question posed by the company’s Marketing Manager, Aaron Platshon – who is open to all suggestions.

“We need a London showroom, as it’s one of the world’s major markets,” Platshon told us. It’s a first-step for the brand, which will be launching here in May 2009;

In his interview on dannyscontentment, Darryl ruled out the centre of London (too expensive) but mentioned the A40/ M4 corridor as a possible location for the Sales and Service Centre.

YouTube - Tesla Motors. Talking to Darryl Siry.
The new showrooms in London's Knightsbridge district and Chicago are expected to be followed by sites under negotiation in Manhattan, Miami, Seattle and Munich later this year. The carmaker already operates two stores in California, in Menlo Park and Los Angeles.

Isn't Knightsbridge the most expensive part of London ?

Tesla to Open First EU Regional Sales & Service Center in London

Tesla Motors is opening a regional sales and service center in London, the first of three European stores that the electric vehicle manufacturer plans to launch this year.

The London facility will open this spring at 49-51 Cheval Place, formerly the Segrave Supercar Club. The showroom is in the popular Knightsbridge district, walking distance from Harrods department store and convenient to Heathrow Airport.

London Mayor Boris Johnson, a fan of the Roadster, said Wednesday he hoped to introduce 100,000 EVs and to build 25,000 charging stations in the capital. Prime Minister Gordon Brown – also familiar with Tesla – said EVs would be one cornerstone of his economic recovery plan.

Here is a Google Streetview look at the road where the store will be.

Here is a look at the location in its old guise:

If you screw your eyes up a bit, you can pretend it's a Model S! :biggrin:

There are no good shots of the building online, as far as I can see, but I will endeavour to get down there and rectify this.

Store Opening

Hi All,

Does anyone know anything about the store opening? I would love to come along with my partner and see the car in the flesh and hear what Tesla have to say. I missed the opportunity to go to the London Motor show last weekend and see the Tesla. :(

Just discovered where the store will be located from this website: http://wapedia.mobi/en/Tesla_Motors

The address is: 49-51 Cheval Place, London.

This is one company I'd love to help out!

Last edited: