Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla's upcoming 'under your nose' announcement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Betty Liu's interview with Elon after the announcement yesterday, Elon mentions a number of major announcements coming in the next few weeks (at least 3).

The first announcement he says will be supercharger related , and that "they've made a lot more progress than people realize".

The second announcement Elon says will be related to "reengineering of tesla's service...and just like we want to have the best car in the world we want to have the best service in the world and that they need to do a few things to get there." He does not mention if this is related to Telsa's customer service, or the service centers, or the new service plans. So I have no clue what this is really in reference to.

The third Elon says he "won't quite talk about but he thinks is pretty cool except to say that if you're driving a model S it's right under your nose."

Now that is what I'm really curious about....it's "right under your nose.". This makes me thing there is something behind the nose cone or under your nose in the dash or perhaps new features in the software thats going to be rolling out.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
In Betty Liu's interview with Elon after the announcement yesterday, Elon mentions a number of major announcements coming in the next few weeks (at least 3).

The first announcement he says will be supercharger related , and that "they've made a lot more progress than people realize".

The second announcement Elon says will be related to "reengineering of tesla's service...and just like we want to have the best car in the world we want to have the best service in the world and that they need to do a few things to get there." He does not mention if this is related to Telsa's customer service, or the service centers, or the new service plans. So I have no clue what this is really in reference to.

The third Elon says he "won't quite talk about but he thinks is pretty cool except to say that if you're driving a model S it's right under your nose."

Now that is what I'm really curious about....it's "right under your nose.". This makes me thing there is something behind the nose cone or under your nose in the dash or perhaps new features in the software thats going to be rolling out.

Thoughts?

They are rolling out more superchargers, service?, and probably just wifi connection for under the nose.

Thoughts?

Please let it be parking sensors... Please let it be parking sensors...

Probably just finally enabling WiFi.

My guess is switching the current voice control to sth like Google Now or Siri. The voice recognition accuracy as of now is not that great IMO.

Thoughts?

A freebie, or steeply discounted, Drop-In Center Console would look pretty good right under my nose - where I could actually reach my travel mug without contorting my body to reach the cup holders in the arm rest. I would also second the nomination for gratis data plans on the Tech Package.

From a telephone interview with Forbe's Hanna Elliot (HE):
HE: When is the next announcement?

EM: The next one will be sometime next week. It could be as soon as Monday, but we haven’t decided on a firm date. Did I mention we’ll be focusing on service? The Monday announcement is going to be focused on service. And in the following week or two after that we’re going to have a big announcement on the supercharger network, and then following that we’re going to have a mystery announcement or two if people aren’t completely sick of hearing about us. Ha ha.

Source:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/hannahe...tchhiking-the-galaxy-as-tesla-comes-of-age/2/

From a telephone interview with Forbe's Hanna Elliot (HE):
HE: When is the next announcement?

EM: The next one will be sometime next week. It could be as soon as Monday, but we haven’t decided on a firm date. Did I mention we’ll be focusing on service? The Monday announcement is going to be focused on service. And in the following week or two after that we’re going to have a big announcement on the supercharger network, and then following that we’re going to have a mystery announcement or two if people aren’t completely sick of hearing about us. Ha ha.

Source:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/hannahe...tchhiking-the-galaxy-as-tesla-comes-of-age/2/
Thanks but the OP is asking for speculation on the 'mystery' announcement after the service and supercharg announcements.

Larger update of the dash display software? ...just a possibility maybe, though the current one actually seems great.

Doesn't it seem to you that they've just scratched the surface of possibilities?

Nav
- actually save old destinations (doesn't currently)
- allow favorites
- home button
- can we get maps off the harddrive? Right now it seems like its all downloading off 3G
- integrate traffic data when planning routes
- allow warnings when you are exceeding the speed limit (perhaps throw in a customizable cushion of 5-10 mph)

Music
- Access to harddrive
- Allow for it to remember where you paused a podcast
- Allow it to play the audio portion of video files mp4s)
- Pull picture and artist info from mp3 on your thumb drive
- Add Pandora

Voice control
- Add a lot more options

Internet
- flash player?
- allow the storing of cookies
- when you push your finger and hold it, perhaps magnify the area to make sure you are clicking on the right spot
- multiple tab support

General
- How about different skins? How about an Aero theme?
- LTE
- WiFi for faster updates

I used my infallible logic to determine that Elon's "putting my money where my mouth is" comment meant he was going to eat a portion of his fortune. Using the same brilliant reasoning, I have determined that what is right under my nose when driving is my stomach. Elon knows that driving the model S is so much fun that many will eschew walking in favor of driving and thereby gain weight. In order to mitigate this health effect, he has made a deal with Richard Simmons to become the "voice" of the Model S! Anytime you interface with the model S, a small Richard Simmons will appear, offering encouragement and helpful hints. "I love turning right. Now let's party off the pounds! YEAH!"