Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor accident in my new Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was driving home from the airport and a car in front of me at a light backed into my new (less than 2 months old) Model S. Still don't know why he put his car in park at the light or how we put it in reverse instead of drive. He cracked the nose cone and the frunk won't open (latch appears jammed). No other damage that I can see.

Other driver was a local high school student, talked to his mom and when she asked me what kind of car I drove, she immediately knew it was going to be costly.

I expect to get the estimate from their insurance company and then take it to the autobody shop recommended by Tesla to get the full estimate (they need to take off the nose cone and root around a little bit.

Thank goodness the car is still drivable and the damage is relatively minor. I love this car more than any other I have owned and I get into my first accident of any kind in over 10 years in it.

Your delay is going to be the availability of parts. I had someone scrape the rear bumper with just minor damage and it is taking 2-3 weeks to get a replacement....

It might be prudent to make sure that your repair shop has all the parts in hand before the work starts. It would be a bummer to have a drivable car in the shop while waiting on parts.

Your delay is going to be the availability of parts. I had someone scrape the rear bumper with just minor damage and it is taking 2-3 weeks to get a replacement....

Did you happen to see the Khan Academy video with Elon? He talked about an incident with a Chinese company that screwed up a shipment of usb cables. He ended up having to send a bunch of employees to different Fry's Electronics stores just to get the assembly line running again. Tesla is as frustrated as we are about parts availability.