Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orange County (CA) Tesla Group?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great guys. I know there are some people on the forums that are still awaiting the arrival of their car (and I think they would be interested in meeting up as well). So, i think sometime in May...perhaps Memorial Day Weekend if people are still around, or a weekend after.

The First Meeting of the Orange County CA Tesla Club will be held .....

Hey Northern Neighbors:

I formed the San Diego Tesla Club. I received my multi-coat Red Tesla S on 4/20 and we had our first meeting the next day at my house in La Jolla.
We had 19 people, 11 Ss, 2 Roadsters and 2 other electric cars. A Tesla Service Center Vehicle Technician even came (as a private individual) along with a representative from SDG&E's Clean Transportation Division. We now have 30 on our email list.

So what's the point? Don't delay. Someone take the reins and just announce a meeting. Let it be the next post.
Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Our first meeting was just a meet and greet.
Good luck and enjoy your Teslas.

David

Since we have folks potentially coming from San Clemente in the south, and Long Beach in the NW, i am thinking to have a meet and greet at The District of Tustin. It has lots of parking (behind where JT Schmidt is), and some eateries, Peets Coffee, and whatnot. We can line up all our Teslas :biggrin:. Unless others have a better idea for a location (The Spectrum? Can be a bit crowded). A specific date to follow (i am traveling a few weekends this month so it would need to be May 11/12, Memorial Day weekend or the first weekend of June).

Since we have folks potentially coming from San Clemente in the south, and Long Beach in the NW, i am thinking to have a meet and greet at The District of Tustin. It has lots of parking (behind where JT Schmidt is), and some eateries, Peets Coffee, and whatnot. We can line up all our Teslas :biggrin:. Unless others have a better idea for a location (The Spectrum? Can be a bit crowded). A specific date to follow (i am traveling a few weekends this month so it would need to be May 11/12, Memorial Day weekend or the first weekend of June).

The District or Spectrum would work -- as you said, the Spectrum can be pretty packed on the weekends but should be able to find parking, perhaps in the lot with the GE Wattstation chargers.

Another alternative (selfish :tongue:) would be to meet and park at Fashion Island -- not sure how far some of the guys are coming from but obviously the Tesla HPWC is in one of the downstairs Fashion Island parking lot. That lot does get pretty full on the weekends but it would depend partially on the meeting time.

Any of those weekends you mentioned could work for me. May 12 is Mother's day so that may hurt the chances for some to be free but no date will be perfect.

Apoclyps -- since you started this -- do you want to just throw out a specific date and time that works for you and we'll see what kind of a head count we get.

The District or Spectrum would work -- as you said, the Spectrum can be pretty packed on the weekends but should be able to find parking, perhaps in the lot with the GE Wattstation chargers.

Another alternative (selfish :tongue:) would be to meet and park at Fashion Island -- not sure how far some of the guys are coming from but obviously the Tesla HPWC is in one of the downstairs Fashion Island parking lot. That lot does get pretty full on the weekends but it would depend partially on the meeting time.

Any of those weekends you mentioned could work for me. May 12 is Mother's day so that may hurt the chances for some to be free but no date will be perfect.

Apoclyps -- since you started this -- do you want to just throw out a specific date and time that works for you and we'll see what kind of a head count we get.

I wanted an outdoor parking lot so that we can see our glorious cars in sunlight, and it would be cool to see a row of Teslas.

The District has no chargers but plenty of open parking spaces.

The Spectrum has 4 GE Wattstations, as you mentioned, and they are outdoors. They charge $2 per hour block (eg, you charge for 45 minutes, you get charged $2...you charge for 61 minutes, you get charged $4).

Fashion Island might not be a bad idea (although we wont get to see our cars in sunlight with underground parking). We can initiate our gathering in the Tesla store, and maybe have a Tesla Rep entertain us with a Q&A session. We can then go grab a bite to eat or something. 2 Level 1 (110v) and 2 level 2 J charges on top floor near Forever 21 (Chargepoint; $1/hour), and 1 Roadster and 1 S charger on bottom floor of garage.

I forgot about Mother's Day. Memorial Day weekend, people may want to test out their Model S's on a road trip, so now I am thinking June 2nd. This will give some May delivery folks time to get their cars as well.

I called the Tesla Fashion Island Store to see if they can host a Meet and Greet event at their store. They will get back to me to see if they can accommodate us (don't want to be intruding into their Sunday sales duties). Might mean a meet before their store opens at 11 am. Will let you all know.

For now, let's pencil in a Sunday June 2nd meet-up. Probably around 10/11am. More to follow.

I wanted an outdoor parking lot so that we can see our glorious cars in sunlight, and it would be cool to see a row of Teslas.

The District has no chargers but plenty of open parking spaces.

The Spectrum has 4 GE Wattstations, as you mentioned, and they are outdoors. They charge $2 per hour block (eg, you charge for 45 minutes, you get charged $2...you charge for 61 minutes, you get charged $4).

Fashion Island might not be a bad idea (although we wont get to see our cars in sunlight with underground parking). We can initiate our gathering in the Tesla store, and maybe have a Tesla Rep entertain us with a Q&A session. We can then go grab a bite to eat or something. 2 Level 1 (110v) and 2 level 2 J charges on top floor near Forever 21 (Chargepoint; $1/hour), and 1 Roadster and 1 S charger on bottom floor of garage.

I forgot about Mother's Day. Memorial Day weekend, people may want to test out their Model S's on a road trip, so now I am thinking June 2nd. This will give some May delivery folks time to get their cars as well.

I called the Tesla Fashion Island Store to see if they can host a Meet and Greet event at their store. They will get back to me to see if they can accommodate us (don't want to be intruding into their Sunday sales duties). Might mean a meet before their store opens at 11 am. Will let you all know.

For now, let's pencil in a Sunday June 2nd meet-up. Probably around 10/11am. More to follow.

If we met at Fashion Island on Sunday June 2, at 10 or 11 am, there should still be enough space in the Top level of the parking lot. Obviously the earlier the meet up time will improve the chances of having multiple spots open in the top level. I'm guessing we could park in the top level and only those that need to charge would go down to the Tesla HPWC. Plus they do have the Roadster HPC for which the store could bring out the Roadster to Model S adapter. Any of you with the twin chargers could charge a little faster also - since those chargers can charge up to 72 amps (208V).

As far as Spectrum is concerned, I've only charged there once about a month ago and I was charged $2 for 2 hours of charging. From what I could tell, those GE Wattstations were set at $1 minimum with 0.5 hour increments. The only thing about that particular Spectrum parking lot is that its a bit far from all the "action". The Fashion Island parking lot, especially the top level, would allow for plenty of free marketing for Tesla by curious onlookers.

I don't understand why there aren't any EV charging stations at the District...but that's for a different thread.

Ok, two places come to mind: Both have a Kean Coffee coffeehouse nearby; really really good coffee. The owner is Mr. Diedrich himself. The Westcliff location has a breakfast shop called Haute Cakes Caffe with an open air breakfast area. Should be able to handle about 15-20 people early in the morning.

I don't think it necessary to have a facility with charging stations given that this is for a local meet up and round trip should be under 80 miles if the location is central to North OC and South OC. Have car, will travel.

2043 Westcliff Dr #100
Newport Beach
(949) 642-5326

13681 Newport Ave #14
Tustin
(714) 838-5326

You might want to meet at a weekly car show like Cars & Coffee in Irvine: http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

Cars & Coffee would be cool. We should be able to arrange to get the separate/front area where specific marques can reserve the area. Strawberry Farms would be a good place to meet for breakfast afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

If necessary, the top level of the north parking structure at Fashion Island has always been empty from what I've seen.