Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pariss EV Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is more than a me too Roadster based on the Elise chassis. It looks to be a ground up electric car design.

Pariss Electric Roadster - Dream Story - English subtitles - YouTube

The design is to me very attractive. It is no wind cheater like the Model S, but I'm willing to make some sacrifices there (yes, Henrik, you read that right). I also dig the roof line. And no nose cone. Not sure that would pass US bumper requirements. But somehow the Tesla Roadster did.

The specs are also seemingly impossible. 125 miles all electric range, 0-60 under 5.0. Weight under 2,000 lbs. Price of 60,000 euros. Bespoke interior. AND a range extender to boost range to over 400 miles, with minimal incremental weight. All in a car smaller than a 3-series.

Specifications | Pariss Electric Roadster

They seem to have done what has eluded the big boys. BMW, Audi... I hope they are successful and that the car makes it to the US!

Tesla invested a lot in motor design for performance and efficiency when developing the roadster. I imagine that builders buying motors from suppliers will pay a performance penalty relative to the Roadster. It is interesting that many years later start-ups are still offering electric roadsters with inferior performance to the Tesla Roadster. Especially as this one is still in the vaporware stage.

Hmm, I actually like it. Much better looking than the Roadster IMO, and I'm not a purist so a range extender is OK with me. 5s 0-60 in a little sporty car isn't though.