Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access under or behind dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to try installing a parking assist module I got but am not sure what the proper method is to gain access under the dash. I see a spot in the firewall where a bunch of wires poke through and I hope to use that to run the wire from the sensor. I just don't know what the best method is to get access under the dash.

Search for posts by forum member artsci .... He seems to have a passion tearing apart the S.

As I'll finally have my car on Monday, I should be able to answer this question soon. I have wires for radar, laser jammer, and parking sensor systems to run through the firewall into the cubby under the touch screen. When I figure it out, I'll post some photos. But I think others may already have done this and could provide answers now.

As I'll finally have my car on Monday, I should be able to answer this question soon. I have wires for radar, laser jammer, and parking sensor systems to run through the firewall into the cubby under the touch screen. When I figure it out, I'll post some photos. But I think others may already have done this and could provide answers now.

Congrats. I think you have to be the most prepared person in history for their Model S delivery with all the work you've done. Can't wait to see the results.