Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polish on Paint Protection Film?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that ppf should be treated similar to normal paint (wash and wax), however with the following exception - avoid products with petroleum distillate.

Xpel sells their own brand of surface treatment, but you should should be able to apply any safe product to the surface. I have used a Maguires spray wax as well as the full Zaino treatment with great results on Xpel Ultimate.

Good luck

I have had the Xpel Ultimate full body paint protection film on my MSP for 4 months now. I love using Nanoskin Hydro Express (Hydrophobic Spray Polymer). Very easy spray on application and I do it after each wash. I tried several other spray on products in the beginning but I think this has the best results for the film (or paint). You can purchase it from your detailer or I found this source at http://www.detailedimage.com/NanoSkin-M54/Hydro-Express-Hydrophobic-Spray-Polymer-P631/16-oz-S1/

I'm having a full hood wrap done this week and asked the installer about Glare. His recommendation was NOT to use it at least on the areas covered with the film as the product will eventually cause the film to yellow. Probably should have asked before buying a couple of bottles!!

I'm having a full hood wrap done this week and asked the installer about Glare. His recommendation was NOT to use it at least on the areas covered with the film as the product will eventually cause the film to yellow. Probably should have asked before buying a couple of bottles!!

Glare is fine to use on top of XPEL wrap. What you don't want to use is things like colored waxes, abrasives, and forgetting to removing stains immediately (bird droppings, etc). First off XPEL Ultimate itself is extremely stain resistant and has great UV protection and will not discolor, fade or get cloudy like other films on the market. Besides, yellowing on other ppf films is a result from lots of UV exposure. But wait - Glare Polish filters out harmful UV sunrays! As UV rays are the major cause of fading and the primary factor in the breakdown of polishes and waxes, Glare polish protects against all this so your car will not oxidize or fade. if anything, Glare Polish on top of Xpel Ultimate is actually going to make your car extremely shiny while also extending the life of the film even more than it's already guaranteed by it's own 10 year warranty! So it's a win/win.

fyi I have XPEL Ultimate and I am going to put Glare Polish on top of it soon.

yobigd...have you done the glare polish on your black S yet? I'm planning on doing it to mine soon and was wondering how yours turned out! Also, any tips on application would be great!

Glare is fine to use on top of XPEL wrap. What you don't want to use is things like colored waxes, abrasives, and forgetting to removing stains immediately (bird droppings, etc). First off XPEL Ultimate itself is extremely stain resistant and has great UV protection and will not discolor, fade or get cloudy like other films on the market. Besides, yellowing on other ppf films is a result from lots of UV exposure. But wait - Glare Polish filters out harmful UV sunrays! As UV rays are the major cause of fading and the primary factor in the breakdown of polishes and waxes, Glare polish protects against all this so your car will not oxidize or fade. if anything, Glare Polish on top of Xpel Ultimate is actually going to make your car extremely shiny while also extending the life of the film even more than it's already guaranteed by it's own 10 year warranty! So it's a win/win.

fyi I have XPEL Ultimate and I am going to put Glare Polish on top of it soon.

I had Glare applied after the 3M film was put on.
image.jpg