Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AddÉnergie and Ivanhoé Cambridge go from free to $1/hour as of May 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quebec folks members of the ReseauVer must have received this note... 1$/hour vs free starting May 1st

AddÉnergie et Ivanhoé Cambridge souhaitent aviser les usagers du RéseauVER™ que la gracieuseté du service de recharge offerte sur les bornes de recharge d’Ivanhoé Cambridge se termine à la fin avril.
Prendre note des divers emplacements visés par cette annonce :

• Carrefour St-Georges
• Centre CDP Capital
• Centre de commerce mondial de Montréal
• Centre Eaton de Montréal
• Centre Les Rivières
• Centre Rockland
• Centropolis
• Édifice de la Haute-Ville Québec
• Galeries de Hull
• Galeries Rive-Nord
• Laurier Québec
• Le 1000 de la Gauchetière
• Mail Champlain
• Place Montréal Trust
• Place Ste-Foy
• Place Ville-Marie
La tarification établie pour tous ces emplacements passera à 1.00 $ par heure d’utilisation à compter du 1er mai 2013. Avec le succès que connaissent ces bornes, cette mesure est mise de l’avant pour le bénéfice des usagers du RéseauVER™. En effet, ce choix vise à favoriser une occupation efficace des bornes lorsqu’il y a un besoin de recharge.

Yes, I got the same one.

Over the weekend I used the AddÉnergie stations under the Intercontinental Hotel in Old Montreal (Centre de commerce mondial de Montréal). Beware that the session timer runs until the plug replaced in the holder, regardless if the car is drawing power.

For example, I plugged in at 3:30pm and unplugged the next morning which was a 15hr session but the car only charged for 5hrs. When they start charging $1 per hour it will encourage people to move their cars once the charge is completed - which makes sense to keep the spots open but would be a pain if your charge completes in the middle of the night. Next they need to figure out how to charge ICE cars that block the spots!

AddÉnergie and Ivanhoé Cambridge would like to inform all VERnetwork™ users that the charging stations of Ivanhoé Cambridge will no longer be free of charge starting May 1st, 2013.

A usage fee of 1.00 $ per hour will take effect and will apply to the following sites, starting May 1st, 2013:

· Carrefour St-Georges
· Centre CDP Capital
· Centre de commerce mondial de Montréal
· Centre Eaton de Montréal
· Centre Les Rivières
· Centre Rockland
· Centropolis
· Édifice de la Haute-Ville Québec
· Galeries de Hull
· Galeries Rive-Nord
· Laurier Québec
· Le 1000 de la Gauchetière
· Mail Champlain
· Place Montréal Trust
· Place Ste-Foy
· Place Ville-Marie

Given the popularity of these charging sites, this fee is necessary to ensure a fair and optimal use of charging stations at these sites.

In order to continue benefiting from these stations starting May 1st, 2013 we invite all VERnetwork™ users to ensure that their VERnetwork™ account has sufficient funds.

AddÉnergie and Ivanhoé Cambridge would like to thank all users for the noteworthy success of its VERnetwork™ charging stations. AddÉnergie and Ivanhoé Cambridge would also like to take this opportunity to strongly reaffirm their commitment to promoting the use of electric vehicles in Canada.

I think it's a good thing overall. This will make the stations more available for those who really need them.

So the local guy in a Volt won't be using the space as a VIP parking. My concern when traveling is that I never know if the station is taken so this will improve the odds.

The flat 2.50$ from circuit électrique is totally ridiculous.