Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40kwh Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After learning of the cancelling of the MS40 on March 31, I managed to order one just before the option was removed. I had previously cancelled an 85 as too expensive. The possibility of upgrading to a 60 with supercharger later and the probable increase in battery life of a 60 de-rated to 40 just looked too good to pass up.
Are there any other MS40's on order in Ontario or other parts of Canada? The only options I have ordered were the silver metallic paint and the dual chargers, so it'll probably be one of the cheapest. The Sun Country CS90 chargers should give me some road trip capability with a 100km/hr charge rate. I'm retired, so not in any great hurry. I've been driving a Leaf for over a year and the MS40's range would seem to be the sweet spot for me.

After learning of the cancelling of the MS40 on March 31, I managed to order one just before the option was removed. I had previously cancelled an 85 as too expensive. The possibility of upgrading to a 60 with supercharger later and the probable increase in battery life of a 60 de-rated to 40 just looked too good to pass up.
Are there any other MS40's on order in Ontario or other parts of Canada? The only options I have ordered were the silver metallic paint and the dual chargers, so it'll probably be one of the cheapest. The Sun Country CS90 chargers should give me some road trip capability with a 100km/hr charge rate. I'm retired, so not in any great hurry. I've been driving a Leaf for over a year and the MS40's range would seem to be the sweet spot for me.

Congrats. Did you put your reservation in for thre 40kwh on the day of the announcement? I called the store because I was also deciding between the 85kwh and 40kwh (and keeping a 2nd car) and the Toronto store said they wouldn't take the order...

Congrats. Did you put your reservation in for the 40kwh on the day of the announcement? I called the store because I was also deciding between the 85kwh and 40kwh (and keeping a 2nd car) and the Toronto store said they wouldn't take the order...

I actually put my reservation in the morning after the announcement (April 1) and finalized same day. Everything was done online. I figured they'd have to honor it or give my deposit back. The online 40kwh option disappeared that afternoon. My page now says "the Tesla factory is building your Model S"
I guess it's a good thing I didn't call the store :biggrin:

I actually put my reservation in the morning after the announcement (April 1) and finalized same day. Everything was done online. I figured they'd have to honor it or give my deposit back. The online 40kwh option disappeared that afternoon. My page now says "the Tesla factory is building your Model S"
I guess it's a good thing I didn't call the store :biggrin:

Yeah, lucky you didn't call the store.... congrats again!

Had a tour of the Fremont factory yesterday. There were lots of red ones being built and about half of the factory pick-ups were red. Very impressive how large rolls of aluminum become cars!! Lots of robots. Not so many human workers except in final assembly. The tour takes about 50 minutes. Everyone else there was taking delivery at the factory. I arranged it by just showing up at the factory delivery centre on Sunday when there were no tours and booking for 11am on Monday.They don't allow any pictures or video inside the factory, unfortunately :crying: