Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DMV stickers for HOV lane application

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would hate to be putting stickers on my car. You guys should lobby your states to do what Ontario, Canada has done and come up with a special license plate. Normal blue on white plates can be replaced with this green on white plate that allows the owner into HOV lanes etc. with no messy, ugly stickers required:

ScreenShot002.jpg

I would hate to be putting stickers on my car. You guys should lobby your states to do what Ontario, Canada has done and come up with a special license plate. Normal blue on white plates can be replaced with this green on white plate that allows the owner into HOV lanes etc. with no messy, ugly stickers required:

View attachment 20314

i wrote a letter to the california DMV in 2010 to see about this. the response i received was not very strong, IMO, but it is pretty clear that what the government position is: tough - and if you don't like it, don't put the sticker on.

dmv response re hov stickers.jpg

I'm glad I'm in AZ... don't want any stickers on the car!

FWIW, the AZ program has 2 types:
- Alternate Fuel -- car must run on something other than gasoline or diesel. HOV access granted to all.
- Hybrid sticker on the Alt Fuel plate. Also allows HOV access, but the program is capped at 10,000 -- and is currently closed to new applicants. Once or twice a year they open it back up, but all avail slots are taken within hours.

AlternativeFuelSml.jpg
EnergyEfficient.jpg

i wrote a letter to the california DMV in 2010 to see about this. the response i received was not very strong, IMO, but it is pretty clear that what the government position is: tough - and if you don't like it, don't put the sticker on.

View attachment 20504

Interesting response. I'm going to contact them - if they issue EV license plates and HOV access is discontinued, why would they need to recall the plates? The cars are still EVs, it's just the HOV access would be discontinued. They didn't recall all the yellow HOV access stickers plastered across a b'zillion Prii - yet those owners don't get in the HOV lanes. So leave the plates on the cars, identifying them for what they are.

I don't see an issue with issuing EV plates.