Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy app needs longer vertical scale...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

neroden

Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan
Apr 25, 2011
Ithaca, NY, USA
I've mentioned this to Tesla. It's not that important, but it is funny. This is an *absolutely typical* picture of the energy app in my car.

IMG_3812_Small.JPG

As for the 5-mile graph...
IMG_3819_Small.JPG

Yeah. So what's my peak energy usage? I don't know, it's off the chart. What's my peak regen rate? I don't know, it's off the chart. Makes it less useful than it might be.

I can, however, tell whether I've been driving up or down hill. :) The energy chart pretty much tracks the terrain of Ithaca.

Wow! I have my Peak go off the top from time to time, but have NEVER seen re-gen like that.

:)

Downtown Ithaca is pretty much straight down a steep hill, 3.7 miles from my house. Once, when I drove downtown and parked almost as soon as I got there, I looked at the trip meter. Energy used since last charge? NEGATIVE. I'd actually gained energy over the course of the 3.7 miles.

It made me realize just how much energy is being wasted by ICE cars on that hill. They're using "single-pedal driving", you know... but the single pedal is the brake.

I'd like the graph to scale accordingly to the highest peaks and valleys you have. Showing a static -300 to +900 isn't useful if most of my driving is between 200 and 600. Would be great to have more granularity about my current driving. Just knowing that I'm doing better/worse than rated by "some number" isn't helpful.