Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S with Custom Blue Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I passed a Model S that had a beautiful custom light blue paint job in Columbus Ohio when leaving the Ohio Surgery Center. It looked like the mock up Laurent posted here http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...odel-S-to-get-a-custom-color-after-delivery-!
but he is out of San Fran so it couldn't be him.

Fess up, are you on here? If so I have to say that paint job looks amazing.

I wanted that color badly. There was someone on here who was planning on doing a full wrap in blue. Maybe that's the car.

I know for a fact that car is wrapped. I saw it at the service center a few days ago. Now I dont want to ever upset another owner, but I just dont get the idea of wrapping a whole car in another color. It did have a nice sheen, but I am fairly certain that the Telsa blue in under the vinyl.

Pacey, I see your in Columbus. Have your joined our Ohio Tesla Owners Group (OTOG). We are planning our first meeting on the 17th of May at the Dublin Golf Club for a great EV event. Please feel free to join our group. Link is in my signature.

Thanks,

Jason

I agree with the lack of colors, just not sure about vinyl wrapping a car. Would the cost of painting be greater? Or does the vinyl protect the original painting so that it looks new when taken off? More curious than my subjective opinion may show.

Jason

I agree with the lack of colors, just not sure about vinyl wrapping a car. Would the cost of painting be greater? Or does the vinyl protect the original painting so that it looks new when taken off? More curious than my subjective opinion may show.

Jason

There is that aspect (protecting the paint), but a wrap is far less intrusive than repainting (sanding down etc) and allows you to switch colors easily as well (or switch back to your original paint). It's definitely not for everyone, but it can be pretty cool.

Jason

I'ved had my GT-R wrapped twice in two different colors. The cost can be comparable depending on what you are having done (vs paint). But the benefit of the wrap is the reversibility. Not only that, it protects the underlying paint, is super easy to maintain (no more waxing the car) and can almost have as wide of variety of colors as paint (you can get gloss, chrome, metallic, flat, satin, etc...wraps).

I really love it and plan to get my Brammo Empulse R electric bike wrapped soon!