Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More and More Model S Sightings in Kansas City

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two days ago I ran into a fellow Model S owner here in Kansas City. I had to get a photo of our cars parked next to one another. I know this is not an unusual sight on the West Coast; but, here in the Midwest this drew some attention. A guy getting into his SUV wanted to know, "What kind of cars are those ..."

IMG_2854.JPG

Then, yesterday on my way to register my Model S I passed a Gray Model S on Shawnee Mission Parkway. Good to see more and more owners here in Kansas City.

With the increasing numbers of owners in the Midwest, I heard we might be getting a service center in Kansas City, MO. Can anyone confirm that?

I contacted someone from the St. Louis service center to ask them if there were plans to put a service center here in Kansas City. The response was, "Not yet, but that is likely in the future as Tesla grows. Super Chargers are going in all around so that might be the rumor."

I don't mind at all if Super Chargers going in all around is the reality behind that rumor!

I'm actually surprised to see that some people in KC have Tesla's. I'm sure most are on the Kansas side, but in time I'll be bringing one over to the Missouri side in Lee's Summit. :) The more the merrier. Maybe I will actually see one some day (before I go get my own). I can't get one right away, but I guess that's okay, as I really need the superchargers built out on I-70 in order to use a Tesla regularly, as I do a lot of I-70 travel for work.

I'm actually surprised to see that some people in KC have Tesla's. I'm sure most are on the Kansas side, but in time I'll be bringing one over to the Missouri side in Lee's Summit. :) The more the merrier. Maybe I will actually see one some day (before I go get my own). I can't get one right away, but I guess that's okay, as I really need the superchargers built out on I-70 in order to use a Tesla regularly, as I do a lot of I-70 travel for work.

I-70 heading east or west?

In a couple of weeks, you will be able to drive west on I-70 to Denver and beyond. Topeka will add a needed connivence and safety net, but with a little care, Salina can be done.

East of you is needed soon as well for those that want to avoid the Mt Rushmore detour driving east from Colorado!

My parents have one in independence.

I will add one more Model S to the Kansas City area total early next week when I take delivery! It is quite annoying that Tesla isn't allowed to accept collect sales tax/DMV fees in Kansas. It forces me to drudge through the madness that is the DMV office on a weekend.

Use the call ahead method to get in line at the DMV and you shouldn't have to wait.

Russ the service manager told me yesterday that they have 53 Teslas in KC.

service center will be open this year, hopefully by end of summer.

I went for lunch at Mission farms on Monday and there were three Model Ss in the parking lot!

I-70 heading east or west?

In a couple of weeks, you will be able to drive west on I-70 to Denver and beyond. Topeka will add a needed connivence and safety net, but with a little care, Salina can be done.

East of you is needed soon as well for those that want to avoid the Mt Rushmore detour driving east from Colorado!

Primarily, I need to be able to shuttle back and forth across Missouri between KC, Columbia, and St. Louis. The Columbia Supercharger is key. Though I do also have family in Denver, so west across Kansas is appreciated too.

BTW, for anyone looking for interesting stops traveling across Kansas in the near future, may I suggest the Kansas Cosmosphere & Space Center (Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center). It's not far from Wichita.

Last edited: