Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Club Tesla Quebec Gatherings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Some of you might have received my Personal messages for an April 20th gathering at the Orange Julep. I picked on Zax123's suggestion to create a post that we can use to gage interest and plan our gatherings. I realized PMing is good for 1:1 but for group emailing and coordination, it's not the best tool...

In creating this post, I'd like to extend the invitation to all Tesla owners => Montrealers and others from the Greater Montreal Area or further out of Mtl (Trois-Rivières, Qc, even Ottawa). We could gather at specific dates and share our stories, ideas and tips live. Online forums are good but I spent way too much time in here over the last 18 months :)

So as discussed over the TMC forum a couple of times last winter, I suggest we have our first meeting in person with our fellow TMC members or other Tesla owners. I have already suggested to Clea, Toto, Jeep, Zax123, Slyastro, Agileone, znino to have our first meeting this coming weekend, April 20th 1:30pm at the Orange Julep 7700, boulevard Décarie. Weather forecast seems to be on the good side even if a bit chilly still. Please confirm to me in replying to this post or via PM, and I will update the list of attendees. I'm sure it will not work for all as we are most probably really busy, it's is the first but not the last.

1) April 20th 2013, 1:30pm @ Orange Julep 7700, boulevard Décarie

Confirmed to date (7): znino, toto, pbrulott, zax123, DB, Agileone, DJP
50/50: Slyastro, Clea, Jeeps17
Regrets: Doug_G, Sig 53, inOttawa, patp

PS Toto asked Greg at the Service center for owners email addresses to create a Quebec Owner Club. We could leverage this first opportunity to discuss the details of the what the Quebec Owner Club would be.

PB

Last edited:
I will do my best to be present, but cannot be 100% sure because of family obligations ...

I suppose that the Orange Julep does not provide chargers right? That would be nice ... we should team up to convince the owner!! :)

Also it would be nice to discuss about strategic sites where public charging stations should be installed (CS-90 or CS-100). It's a shame that there is none along the A-20 between Montréal and Quebec (not even a public 40 Amps in Drummondville !!)

Also it would be nice to discuss about strategic sites where public charging stations should be installed (CS-90 or CS-100). It's a shame that there is none along the A-20 between Montréal and Quebec (not even a public 40 Amps in Drummondville !!)

True, but on the other side of the River there are a couple of CS-90's in Trois Rivieres. Cafe Morgane is really very nice.

Agree with toto, we will do another one later in the spring
Doug, how do you know about charger locations other than for RéseauVer and Circutie électrique. I don't see any in 3R

To date we have:

Confirmed to date (5): znino, toto, pbrulott, zax123, DB
50/50: Slyastro, Clea
Regrets: Doug_G, Sig 53

no news from Jeep, Agileone, patP

Oh and I forgot to mention that I talked to Sig 53 and he had a huge issue with his S. TM replaced his entire power train, sent his S back to California frothe repair and see what the issue was,...

Last edited:
Not cool. :( Did they do the powertrain swap here, and send the powertrain to Cali, or did they have to send the whole car to Cali?

They sent the whole car... Crossing my fingers, my S has been flawless up to now. 12V battery issue seems to be the more frequent issue.

Thanks Doug, I went there a couple of times but didn't seem to display properly on my work computer with IE9. Home computer looks good

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Sorry for my late reply, work has been keeping me very busy...

Saturday could be feasible, I may have relatives visiting, waiting on them to let us know if they are coming.

Put me down in the 50/50 list for now, will follow-up!

PS: I was on call last night and had a total blast driving to the hospital downtown with little traffic (11PM). Even though it was late, along my usual route I had three different people rev their engines for a little demo (which I happily provided), followed by the grins and thumbs up after they caught up to me. An S450 driver asked me at a red light what I was driving (Tesla S), - blank stare - who makes it ?... you know the drill. That level of interaction with other drivers has almost never happened to me during daytime hours (obviously traffic does not often allow "demos" in Montreal)... The cherry on the sundae was seeing another S immediately behind me in my rearview mirror just as I turned into the parking lot. Unfortunately I couldn't do anything to communicate with the other driver, as I was essentially engaging into my turn. For some reason the police were out in force, but my little 1-block long silent accelerations went unnoticed (except for the drivers that had "requested" them!). :biggrin:

Driving in the wee hours on empty streets is one of the few things that is enjoyable about being woken up and called in to work between midnight and 4 AM, but my first "Tesla call" was probably the most genuinely fun drive I've had in my 10 years in practice, and hopefully the first of many. I still have the grin now ! (but my 3 hours of sleep may have something to do with that). Let's just say I drove somewhat slower on the way home...

Count me in. As a complete coincidence I was planning to drive my Roadster to Montreal this weekend to try out the Sun Country Highway network on my first long distance trip. I'll see you there if I don't get stranded along the way!

Dave

I'll be out of town that day, but maybe for a future event I could come up from Ottawa. Would just need somewhere to recharge for the trip home.

Doug (or anyone else for that matter), If you ever need to top off from Montreal before heading back to ottawa, you are welcome to use one of the two 1450 plugs in my garage. I live in the West Island so a good launch point for Ottawa. Only 50A circuit though but an hour or two could get you the little extra you might need :)

Even if I am not home, if my Roadster happens to be in the garage, I can remotely open the garage door for you by using the OVMS app and remotely asking the Roadster to "press" the home link button :) If I am home of course, I'll be happy to make you a good coffee and discuss Tesla at length!

For some reason the police were out in force, but my little 1-block long silent accelerations went unnoticed (except for the drivers that had "requested" them!). :biggrin:

It is the season for voluntary contributions : Opération pour contrer la vitesse au volant | Radio-Canada.ca

Anyone, notices better Wh/Km this week, with the higher temperature ? I am finally doing rated or better, in city driving. Or maybe it is just the news above that got to me... :)