Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worst Thing About The Tesla Model S? Driving Anything Else Afterwards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive an S2000 (Arguably one of the best ICE driver's cars made)... and test drove a Model S. Regret every single day because I can't afford a Model S yet
frown.gif
thank goodness I drive one day a week only lol

I have an S2000, which is used exclusively for lapping and autocross... and driving to lapping and autocross. It's an awesome driver's car on the track, but not particularly comfortable driving on the street... driving a Model S is as utterly different an experience as you can get!

I couldn't agree more. It's very much like an electric light bulb vs an oil lamp. It can also be really dangerous to switch back. I find myself thinking that I have plenty of room to merge into traffic, pressing on the accelerator (gotta get out of the habit of calling it the gas pedal) and not going anywhere while the engine makes all kinds of racket. I've had a few moments of panic and had to wave a sheepish "I'm sorry" to a few drivers. I'm strongly considering getting rid of our last ICE vehicle and getting a ford focus electric in addition to the tesla. I should have gotten the tesla second though because nothing else really measures up.

I find myself thinking that I have plenty of room to merge into traffic, pressing on the accelerator (gotta get out of the habit of calling it the gas pedal) and not going anywhere while the engine makes all kinds of racket.

Just refer to the accelerator as the "Torque Pedal". :smile:

While I don't have a Model S I would say the lack of regen braking throws me off for a bit when going back to an ICE. Sure, you can engine brake but it doesn't slow you down nearly as fast as regen does (at least it doesn't feel like it) and the ICE makes all sorts of noise in the process.