Thread: Worst Thing About The Tesla Model S? Driving Anything Else Afterwards

Worst Thing About The Tesla Model S? Driving Anything Else Afterwards

P85. VIN05837. Mileage (05/13/14): 48,000mi, Black | Tan Leather | Perf Seats | Obeche Glossy | Pano | Tech | Sound Studio | Air | Spoiler | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers | HPWC | Fog | Extended Trim | Alcantara | Premium Lighting, Aftermkt: XPEL | 40/20% Tint | Lighted T | 19" Tsportline TST Grey Turbines | 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3

I drive an S2000 (Arguably one of the best ICE driver's cars made)... and test drove a Model S. Regret every single day because I can't afford a Model S yet thank goodness I drive one day a week only lol

So very true.
    Model S / P 300 VIN 3046 / 85kWT / Black / Tan / 21" Silver / Obeche Gloss / Tech / Sound Studio / Air Suspension / Parcel Shelf / Armor / Twin Chargers / HPWC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aznt1217 View Post
    I drive an S2000 (Arguably one of the best ICE driver's cars made)... and test drove a Model S. Regret every single day because I can't afford a Model S yet thank goodness I drive one day a week only lol
    I have an S2000, which is used exclusively for lapping and autocross... and driving to lapping and autocross. It's an awesome driver's car on the track, but not particularly comfortable driving on the street... driving a Model S is as utterly different an experience as you can get!
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Yeah, this can actually be considered a safety hazard...
    Owning a Model S : Safety issue when switching back to your ICE
    (Closing the circle here.)

I couldn't agree more. It's very much like an electric light bulb vs an oil lamp. It can also be really dangerous to switch back. I find myself thinking that I have plenty of room to merge into traffic, pressing on the accelerator (gotta get out of the habit of calling it the gas pedal) and not going anywhere while the engine makes all kinds of racket. I've had a few moments of panic and had to wave a sheepish "I'm sorry" to a few drivers. I'm strongly considering getting rid of our last ICE vehicle and getting a ford focus electric in addition to the tesla. I should have gotten the tesla second though because nothing else really measures up.

Saving up for a Model S
    Quote Originally Posted by vetboy45 View Post
    I find myself thinking that I have plenty of room to merge into traffic, pressing on the accelerator (gotta get out of the habit of calling it the gas pedal) and not going anywhere while the engine makes all kinds of racket.
    Just refer to the accelerator as the "Torque Pedal".

While I don't have a Model S I would say the lack of regen braking throws me off for a bit when going back to an ICE. Sure, you can engine brake but it doesn't slow you down nearly as fast as regen does (at least it doesn't feel like it) and the ICE makes all sorts of noise in the process.
    CJ Barlow

"Until we see every car on the road being electric, we will not stop." - Elon Musk

Quote Originally Posted by aznt1217 View Post
    I drive an A6 and did the same thing. Now I'm always depressed behind the wheel.
    Dr. EVS loves root beer
    Model C P30: 0 - 60 in 8.4, seats 2 + 1

Thread Information