Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla looks to sell cars at Natick Mall - Current situation not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
Veeeerrrrryyyy interesting.

I don't know how they'll weasel this next step without acting as an MA car dealer. Still, I hope they can get it changed. The court judgment suggested it's possible.

The negative to this is an implication that they need to change it to increase reservations.

I guess they could adjust the zoning to allow a limited number of vehicles and the ability to take a "deposit". That would be fair to car dealerships who'd have the opportunity to copy Tesla's model, at least via temporary promotions.

"I personally am not comfortable with what you are asking us to do," board member Glen Glater said. "I think that this kind of change needs to be put in front of the entire town (through a zoning change at Town Meeting)."

MetroWest Daily News
Posted Apr 28, 2013

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/t...ard-weighs-Tesla-request-to-sell-cars-at-mall

At least the Planning Board Chairman seems supportive:

Planning Board Chairman Andrew Meyer said Tesla is not proposing much different than what planners approved last year.

Meyer said it is not detrimental to the area if other car companies pursue a similar concept as Tesla.

"From a consumer standpoint, I’m in favor of it," he said. "From a planning standpoint, I’m comfortable with it."