Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma owners planning meetup by Tesla Santana Row showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't bother. It's really ridiculous. What are they hoping to accomplish? They keep talking about how Tesla owners are talking bad about them ... the reality is we don't really talk much about them at all.

As one wiser Fisker owner noted, it's somewhat kindergarten-like behavior in nature. The amusing part is that they seem to think they'll take focus away from Tesla, when what they'll prob do is get more people into the store.

If it makes them feel better, than good for them. They don't have much else. Y'know? We don't need to make a showing, it's not 'their team vs. our team'. Let them have their show.

I'd go if I were in the neighborhood, just to watch the silliness.

In fairness, most of the people on the thread either politely begged off of going, or were openly opposed to the idea.

I feel bad for Karma owners. I gave someone from work a test ride today and he was asking me how I "knew" four years ago when I put down my reservation that the car would be so great. The truth is that I really didn't "know", but what Tesla (and Elon) were saying about the Model S and their long term plans for the company made complete sense to me, and their track record with the Roadster gave me confidence that they could pull it off. My wife still can't believe my original deposit didn't go down the drain (she was convinced that I'd never get the car), and I have to remind myself frequently how fortunate I am to have ridden the "correct" horse in this race.

Still, I'm sure there were a thousand times that things could have gone sideways (or worse) for Tesla in designing and building the Model S, and Tesla could have ended up where Fisker is now. I really wish that Fisker had been successful -- we need as many EVs (plug-in hybrids or pure BEVs) as possible on the road, especially good looking ones. I don't like to hear that anyone with a Model S is acting condescending towards Karma owners. There but for the grace of G-d go us!

In fairness, most of the people on the thread either politely begged off of going, or were openly opposed to the idea.

I feel bad for Karma owners. I gave someone from work a test ride today and he was asking me how I "knew" four years ago when I put down my reservation that the car would be so great. The truth is that I really didn't "know", but what Tesla (and Elon) were saying about the Model S and their long term plans for the company made complete sense to me, and their track record with the Roadster gave me confidence that they could pull it off. My wife still can't believe my original deposit didn't go down the drain (she was convinced that I'd never get the car), and I have to remind myself frequently how fortunate I am to have ridden the "correct" horse in this race.

Still, I'm sure there were a thousand times that things could have gone sideways (or worse) for Tesla in designing and building the Model S, and Tesla could have ended up where Fisker is now. I really wish that Fisker had been successful -- we need as many EVs (plug-in hybrids or pure BEVs) as possible on the road, especially good looking ones. I don't like to hear that anyone with a Model S is acting condescending towards Karma owners. There but for the grace of G-d go us!

Well said.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi4NXx062jcpZtphkgJqy2CFpeWrIcg1Lktqr6Gz1iYAOh0BQA.jpg

I'm sorry to see that Fisker is in such straits. I want to see more EV companies, not fewer.

I actually got to see a Karma in motion the other day for the first time. One drove right by me in the parking lot of my local grocery and pharmacy, so I also got to hear the sound it generates to alert pedestrians. I thought the sound was pretty cool, but it was too loud and I'm not sure it varied with the driver's pedal input, so that makes it seem fake.

Anyway, I've always thought the Karma was a pretty neat looking, dramatic vehicle. I saw one in a parking about a year ago, though, and I was shocked by the fit and finish of the car, which was really not good. I have body panel fitment imperfections on my Model S, but the Karma was a whole other deal. I had hoped that they would be improving things as time went on, but now I'm not sure.

I wouldn't bother. It's really ridiculous. What are they hoping to accomplish? They keep talking about how Tesla owners are talking bad about them ... the reality is we don't really talk much about them at all.

As one wiser Fisker owner noted, it's somewhat kindergarten-like behavior in nature. The amusing part is that they seem to think they'll take focus away from Tesla, when what they'll prob do is get more people into the store.

If it makes them feel better, than good for them. They don't have much else. Y'know? We don't need to make a showing, it's not 'their team vs. our team'. Let them have their show.

I'd go if I were in the neighborhood, just to watch the silliness.

I just don't even understand what the goal is? Is it to get people to be interested in EVs? To have them want to magically jump on the Fisker bandwagon and rush to buy up inventory that would otherwise be liquidated on the cheap? To discourage people from buying a Tesla in favor of a car that is no longer being produced? If the latter, just sad and selfish. Like saying, "if the car we bought isn't worthy of mass ownership, then the Tesla Model S isn't worth it either." I hope it does draw more people in to look at the Teslas. But I wouldn't expect it would have much effect at all in Santana Row as the vast majority of people in that mall know what a Tesla is and aren't going to be influenced by seeing a few Batmobiles parked next to each other.

I'm not sure what they are looking to accomplish either. I'm also not sure why they feel like the Tesla community is against them. I feel nothing but pity for them...I'd hate to be in the position that they are in now, or will be when Fisker does file for bankruptcy.

BTW, I did see one in person once, it looks much better in person than it does in photos.

Scene at the Santana Row Fisker Meetup

Bystander: That's a pretty cool looking car. What is it?
Fisker owner: It's a Fisker.
Bystander: How much are they?
Fisker owner: Sorry, you can't buy one.
Bystander: How about that car over there?
Fisker owner:That's a different company. It's a Tesla.
Bystander: That's pretty cool too. How much are they?
Fisker owner: Go ask them.
Bystander: Thanks!

Scene at the Santana Row Fisker Meetup

Bystander: That's a pretty cool looking car. What is it?
Fisker owner: It's a Fisker.
Bystander: How much are they?
Fisker owner: Sorry, you can't buy one.
Bystander: How about that car over there?
Fisker owner:That's a different company. It's a Tesla.
Bystander: That's pretty cool too. How much are they?
Fisker owner: Go ask them.
Bystander: Thanks!

Yep. This.

Heh, I posted in that thread how pointless it all was especially when none of the, we're showing support for their company at the upcoming congressional hearing. The usually-pointless moderator then decides to remove my post from that thread in place it randomly in a new thread about the congressional hearing.

Poor kids.

I think what they don't get is that although Tesla fans obviously feel the Model S is better than the Karma, none of us want to see the company fail. Given Tesla also has an ATVM loan, we are pretty much on the same boat. They should be focusing their energy on the people who are truly against them.

I laughed when I saw smooth's response ... like no one had been talking about Tesla. "Oh it's because it's a urban shopping area and and and."

I don't think they understand how many of us wish Fisker had made it. It tarnishes the whole EV thing, not to mention the jobs lost and families impacted. Sad story.

I think what they don't get is that although Tesla fans obviously feel the Model S is better than the Karma, none of us want to see the company fail. Given Tesla also has an ATVM loan, we are pretty much on the same boat. They should be focusing their energy on the people who are truly against them.

Yeah, No animosity of any kind. Wanted/want them to succeed Tesla the company may be holding a grudge with the lawsuit and all, bit we car buyers who want to support the new powertrain paradigm wanted the Fisker, the Karma and the Atlantic to be fruitful and prosper.

It is difficult to fathom why any Tesla owner would want to see Fisker fail. It does not help the overall EV cause. There are a myriad of reasons why some Karma owners would not purchase a Tesla and vice-versa.

It is difficult to fathom why any Tesla owner would want to see Fisker fail. It does not help the overall EV cause. There are a myriad of reasons why some Karma owners would not purchase a Tesla and vice-versa.

In many cases, I think it more comes down to the karma owners that give the brand a worse name. If you saw some of the stuff said about Tesla and the S by these owners (most of which initially bought the car for styling and not the EV aspect), I think you might experience a tinge schadenfreude yourself. This little stunt is a perfect example.

In many cases, I think it more comes down to the karma owners that give the brand a worse name. If you saw some of the stuff said about Tesla and the S by these owners (most of which initially bought the car for styling and not the EV aspect), I think you might experience a tinge schadenfreude yourself. This little stunt is a perfect example.

This is all very sad. An owner of both a Karma and a Model S, Dennis (who's active here on TMC too) was inclined to join in had it not been for other plans. I don't get all the childishness and the motivations here.