Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Moab, Utah?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BryanW

R#664, Model S#1526
Jun 3, 2012
Utah
Has anyone successfully charged their Model S or Roadster using anything more than a standard wall outlet in Moab, Utah?

I've called the KOA RV park, as well as the other large RV park in Moab, and they claim they do not have an outlet for charging an EV, and that they do not have a NEMA 14-50 outlet for RV's or EV's to charge with. Both parks were pretty terse and neither wanted anything to do with an EV charging, even willing to pay for the spot for the night. :mad: very frustrating...

Plugshare doesn't have anything listed for Moab...

Has anyone had any success in Moab?

Thanks,

Bryan

No hard info for you, maybe just a lead- try one of the bike shops downtown or the brewery, Eddie McStiffs. Not saying they have the plug, but one among them might want to help (unlike the KOA, no surprise). Also there is a big, well maintained tourist center/rest stop/museum right on Main Street, a bug in their ear might benefit us all, in time. ML

I'm sure this is old news, the Moab SC is open.
MoabSC.jpg

Speaking of Moab, I was looking at booking a night at the Best Western there for a trip next month. I see there are BWs about 2 blocks apart from each other, Canyonlands and Greenwell. One is twice the price of the other. Anyone know why?

@Barry, Canyonlands hosts the Tesla Superchargers in its parking lot. It's probably the nicest hotel in Moab that I've seen (I'm in Moab now). If you want the convenience of staying in the hotel with a supercharger in the parking lot, pick Canyonlands. I'm in the Holiday Inn Express about 1-2 miles from the Moab SC and it's perfectly fine.

Thanks Panoz. Be interested in hearing details of your trip, if you don't mind. Feel free to PM me, if you prefer.

I'll be making a trip to Vegas next month, with overnight stops in Moab and Zion to do some hiking in the NPs. Already booked the Zion stay at the Lodge in the park (they have an EV charger there.) On the way back, will make one overnight stop in Moab. This will be my biggest trip in the Tesla.