Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Loaner Cars! Sweet!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read in USA Today that Elon will be deploying 80 P85 models to service centers as loaner cars! That's awesome! I was used to getting Mercedes c250's from my local Mercedes dealer and was used to getting 328's when my 545 went in for servicing. Neither BMW or Mercedes made their top cars available.

Yes Yes YES! Nice job Tesla. I like how Elon thinks, he is truly customer focused. Even more pleased that I purchased my service plan yesterday.

btw what is the difference now between Ranger and Service Center option (from a practical point of view) if they bring a MSP to your home and drive your vehicle to/from the service center?

Just read in USA Today that Elon will be deploying 80 P85 models to service centers as loaner cars! That's awesome! I was used to getting Mercedes c250's from my local Mercedes dealer and was used to getting 328's when my 545 went in for servicing. Neither BMW or Mercedes made their top cars available.

I now have yet another excuse to get to 12,500 miles as quickly as possible :) Already at 3,000 miles after a bit more than a month so I'm well on my way to the first service appointment. Of course, the downside is if I'm completely blown away with the P85 vs. my standard 85 then I'll have to sell a kidney or something to be able to afford it . . .

Edit: YAYYYYYYY!!!!

Last edited:
I am totally excited! I love this part! They have been spoiling me with my Roadster in picking it up and taking it to the service center. I was under the impression that the drop off and pick up was going to go away with the Model S. SWEET!

I guess this will be much easier for them as they will require just one driver not two.

Tesla service workers drop off loaner cars at customers' offices, homes or wherever they may be, rather than requiring them to drive in to service centers.

I would have traded the miserable Chevy SUV Enterprise loaned me for a Corolla in a heartbeat. Thank you, Tesla. Now if only you could make this retroactive to my last two loaners...

Easy to say, until you've actually driven said crappy Corolla.

Funny story. I get in the Corolla, quickly adjust the seat position and drive off. While I'm driving I realize the seat back is leaning way back, so I pull on the manual handle on the side of the seat. The seat back comes flying forward and about pins me against the steering wheel. :eek: So I'm driving with my chest six inches from the steering wheel and reach down to pull the handle and push the seat back. The only problem is that the seat won't budge. I keep pulling and leaning back, nothing happening. I'm convinced the damn thing is broken. :cursing: I'm already on the freeway and debate getting off and trying to mess with it or just drive home. I end up driving home with thoughts of the airbag shattering my sternum in my mind. :scared: I extricate myself from the vehicle and look at the seat and realize there is not one, but *two* nearly identical handles on the side of the seat. The rearmost handle controls the seat back, the front is some kind of pump for the seat height. I realized than when the seat back was leaning back, I would naturally grab the rear handle, but with it leaning all the way forward I would naturally grab the front one. Bad ergonomics.

In addition, the accelerator pedal was also broken. When you step on it, the vehicle barely moved, and did so very sluggishly. Who designs vehicles like this?

A picture of the aforementioned seat (via some YouTube video):

Screen Shot 2013-04-10 at 6.37.14 PM.png

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, that's 5 total. Permission granted for the thread to figure out how to go negative.

Great, I'll go first. A P85 loaner is great since that's what I drive, but I won't be happy until they transfer my personal driver profile from my personal car to the loaner car! (See previous post on seat adjustments) ;)

Last edited: