Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model S owners in Birmingham, AL yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

atlg8or

6 Tesla family // MS + MY + FIL MS + SIL MSx2
Jan 24, 2013
FL
Hopefully this is the correct spot to ask this, but moderators please move if my rookie forum skills have led me wrong...

Any Model S owners in Birmingham, AL yet? From the Model S world map it looks like maybe a few orders but wasn't sure if anyone has taken delivery? I'm in Atlanta and anticipating our new Red S before the end of the month. We're planning a trip to my wife's sister's home in B'ham (only 164 miles one way) in May, and while it looks like I can recharge at a local Nissan dealership, I thought it would be a richer experience to connect with another S owner to "borrow" a 240v charge in exchange for dinner, gift card, cash, etc. Once topped off, I figure I can leave it plugged into a 110v outlet at my sister-in-law's home until we're ready for the journey home to Atlanta at the end of the weekend.

Thanks for any help and/or road-trip coaching from you experienced S owners! Like many of you, this forum has provided tremendous information, as well as some respite while waiting for our Red S! :smile:

We are getting our 85P in two weeks. My wife has 2 colleagues in B-ham that have MS's as well

Road trip from ATL to Bham this past weekend went great. 80 miles to spare both directions after doing Max Range charge. Did not use "Range Mode" during the drive, averaged 75 mph and had the air on the whole trip. Even encountered a few showers both directions, which affects range to some degree.

In Bham, besides charging via 110 outlet at sister-in-law's, we charged it for ~4 hours at Crown Nissan near Hoover. The staff was incredibly helpful and welcoming, despite me having to ask to move a truck out of one of the charging parking spots (both J1772's were blocked, but the Chademo quick charger spot was open - wish TM had an adaptor for that already...). Edward showed me photos of a white S that had been by the prior week to charge up, so they were very familiar with it.

Overall - awesome trip! Enjoy your P85!

I live in Atlanta but make frequent trips to Birmingham. I'd be interested in thoughts / recommendations on where people charge it. Specifically, if it's just a day trip and you don't have time to do an overnight charge. I know there is the Nissan place in Anniston but they aren't 24x7 and I wonder if you can just stop there on the return trip? If so, how long did you charge, etc....

I've found the charging stations at the science center in B'ham and the Hoover Nissan, but I'm not sure if there are all Leve 1 or 2s. Trying to plan for time....

Tesla in car calendar?

Hello

I'm a photographer for car magazines & calendars.

I would love to put a Tesla in an international calendar I shoot for. I can shoot it in Birmingham or Atlanta.

It helps your resale & provides braggin' rights, especially since there will be a model in the photo, (which I need to mention in case it offends you). I can email you examples.

Regards

Jack
xjr13 and @ then attglobal.net

Am thinking it would be wonderful for Barber's Motorsports Park & Museum to have interesting Tesla-compatible charging. I would drive down from Huntsville one day to visit the museum if only I could pick up enough charge to ensure my return home. Google Maps says its 115 miles each way.