Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Bill AB 1077 help reduice purchase cost of an EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA

[Posting for Dency in Hermosa Beach}

Tesla Friends:

This Press Event for Assemblyman Al Muratsuchi's (Democrat - California's 66th AD) AB 1077 is officially on for Friday, April 19, from 12:30 to 1:30, in the parking lot in front of the Public EVSEs at the Hermosa Beach City Hall, 1315 Valley Drive, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254.

Assemblyman Muratsuchi has asked me to reach out to the entire EV community for support for this Bill, and we invite all who can to attend. All of you and your EVs are absolutely welcome!!

There is a Sustainability Summit featuring California Governor Jerry Brown and other elected officials happening at the same time up at the Getty Museum, but it has been determined by the Assemblyman's Office that they'd still like to go ahead with this Press Event at this time.

More details will be forthcoming, but for now please put it in your calendars as the date is fast approaching! A fact sheet on AB 1077 is attached.

You can RSVP to me at my email addresses, and I will forward the list and any of your questions to Assemblyman Muratsuchi's District Director, Timothy Lippman.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there!!!

Dency Nelson
dencyatpluginamerica.org
DLN52atverizon.net
Press Conference on AB 1077 (Muratsuchi)

Hermosa Beach City Hall

April 19, 2013

12:30-1:30
[From the Bill]
WHAT THIS BILL DOES
Under AB 1077, when a consumer purchases an
alternative fuel vehicle, the vehicle license fee and the
portion of the state sales tax would be calculated based
on the purchase price of the vehicle after deducting the
federal tax credit and the state tax rebate. This would
lower the upfront and long term costs of purchasing an
alternative fuel vehicle and bring fairness to the fees
and state taxes paid when compared to a
conventionally fueled vehicle

(found on the inerwebs)
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140AB1077